Status
Not open for further replies.
Becky, where is everyone at? I should write a book titled; "The summer I went golfing" But, I am to lazy. So,
working out in the yard and having a garage sale is most likely next.

The tea thread has changed. Don't mean better or worse, just changed. Bobby Kennedy once said; "Progress is a nice
word. It's motivators is change, and change has its enemies." :)

Maybe they're at the whine and cheese thread. Lot talking there. I don't post much. My finger gets tired quickly now.

Not much happening with me lately. My dad has been staying about the same lately. My brother and sister take him out alot in a manual wheelchair. He goes to alot of basketball, baseball, and volleyball games of his grandkids, out to eat, and his favorite of all the movies. He is supposed to hear pretty soon if he gets to participate in a clinical trial or not. Don't know which one. My youngest son and my aunt (dad's sister) are going to fly to Dallas next week to visit my dad from Oct. 4-9th. My son has a long weekend off from school and I'm pulling him out for two days. At this point I feel grandpa is more important. Plus, he gets straight A's so he won't fall behind in his school work.
Don't know about the rest of you but I can't wait to the elections are over . Tired of hearing about all the political stuff. Praying for you all and hoping you are having a good week. Kim

I am new here, many if you replied to my first thread in the General section - Thank you.

My husband (ryanw) and I had our first full visit at he ALS clinic today. We got a ton of info today. A little overwhelming but I do not have to read it all tonight. The staff and providers a phenomenal! I know they will be a great support to us in this journey.

Friday is his last day at work then he "retires". Since his legs are affected and he cannot stand in the machine shop all day and do his work. We are working on the paperwork for short & long term disability with work then on to SSDI.

I think Eric will feel better, less fatigued, when he no longer works.

Our 11 year old daughter stars counseling on Friday to help deal with all of this.

It is crazy how fast this seems to be going. Trying to take care of all this and still work full time. Trying to take it one step at a time. I know it will slow down and we will adjust but for now it is a bit exhausting.

I do appreciate everyone's support here, helps me not feel so alone.

Welcome, hawroe. My first suggestion after the SS paperwork, is to ask about a prescription for a pwc. Medicaid, medicare and most pri vate in sur cances only pay for one chair, manual or powered, every 5 years. So my second suggestion is to purchase a manual or transport chair directly. You can find them at c v s, wal greens or rite a id. They usually run about 100 dollars.

I say this because it took 9 months to get my chair. Not in sur ance problems at all. They approved first within 30 days and second review on specialty items (special trough arm rests, head array, special seat and contoured back rest) not to see if I needed them, but to approve the pricing on those items. Much of the delay was my extended ho spital stay, then the nur sing home stay and 2 different pre scriptions, doc tors mis placing the paper work and on and on. Frustrating!

As for my third and final suggestion, ask, ask and ask again. No question too small. Someone here can usually give an answer.

Again, welcome to our family. Sure wish it had been somewhere else,

Hi Hawroe,
Welcome to Tea! Sorry for the diagnosis and your upcoming roller coaster ride... Like Toto said, ask, ask, ask! We'll do what we can to help! Is Eric a vet? If he is call the paralyzed veterans of America to get him started with the VA...

I have finally got all the glitches fixed on Rog's iPhone account. I have been working on this since sept 3. Turns out some hacker used his id and meshed it with someone else's credit card...I have spent 4 hours on the phone with a senior security advisor to get it fixed...what a mess, glad it's done! In celebration I backed black bottom banana bars... Enjoy!

Jen

Becky, I have the same problem... used to type faster than 80wpm, now I have to peck with a couple of my fingers, and sometimes they refuse to cooperate too!

Hi hawroe, sorry you had to find us here, but welcome to the Tea party... remember to ask away, and that this is a new "normal"... get the "stuff" you need before you need it, so it's familiar when you need to use it.

Anyone want some cinnamon rolls with you tea today?

I do Helen... warm steamy gooey cinnamon rolls... ahhh the aroma I love walking through O'Hare - I always stop and indulge

Jenn - what are black bottom bananas?

Welcome Hawroe - if you don't like tea - it's OK. I'm partial to Grey Goose myself!

I'm confused Hawroe. Is your husband's name RyanW or Eric? Kim

grey goose with a little peachtree for my sweet tooth!

I got my new ramps installed! Woo hoo... CCALS is the best, they've supplied the ramps for me, and all I had to pay for was the install... Thank you Ron! And Chris... and my brother Richard who is finishing off the edge of the porch for me! Life is full of goodness.

Hello everyone, welcome Hawroe. Good news about your ramps HelenL!
Elaine, I can actually smell those cinnamon rolls from across the Atlantic. Reminds me of when I went on the Atkins Diet and I made a cinnamon loaf for visitors, after a month of meat and fish, the smell was too much for me so I cut a tiny wee corner off just to taste. I left the tiny wee corner sitting there and crammed the whole loaf in my mouth. Couldn't stop myself. Burnt my tongue, but it was great. Had to make another one.
Anyone ready for the next episode of 50 shades of MacTartan? Or is that a whole new thread?

Elaine, I can actually smell those cinnamon rolls from across the Atlantic.

Hey Lassie - Heading to your side of the pond on the 12th! (London). Going on a cruise (France, Spain & Portugal).... now if you want seriously great cinnamon rolls - Celebrity Cruiseline makes oodles of them every morning. AND delectable scones for afternoon tea. (in truth I particularly enjoy the scones a Grey Goose martini!)

Elaine - I hope you have a brill time! If you take a left when you arrive in London, for about 600 miles, I'll bake you a batch of scones. You will love France Spain & Portugal. Enjoy!

I'll take a cinnamon roll too! Busy day and finally got that blasted BiPap fitted with a mask that works, toes and nails done and nutter dog allowed the trainer to touch her and walk in the front yard...

Jen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back