Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All~~~~~
Welcome Scottyna!

Food sounds delicious... Happy Thanksgiving to you north of the border!
Walk day! Go team Walden!

Have a great one! Aly how are the boys?

Jen

Hi Everyone,
The food does sound delicious. Especially, the chili since it's starting to get colder here in central Illinois. Hope you all have a nice weekend. Kim

Joni, this is Paula Dean's recipe:

Taco Soup

Cook Time: 6 hr 0 min
Serves: 12 to 16 servings

Ingredients
2 pounds ground beef
2 cups diced onions
2 (15 1/2-ounce) cans pinto beans
1 (15 1/2-ounce) can pink kidney beans
1 (15 1/4-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 (14 1/2-ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 (14 1/2-ounce) can tomatoes with chiles
2 (4 1/2-ounce) cans diced green chiles
1 (4.6-ounce) can black olives, drained and sliced, optional
1/2 cup green olives, sliced, optional
1 (1 1/4-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
1 (1-ounce) package ranch salad dressing mix
Corn chips, for serving
Sour cream, for garnish
Grated cheese, for garnish
Chopped green onions, for garnish
Pickled jalapenos, for garnish

Directions

Brown the ground beef and onions in a large skillet; drain the excess fat, then transfer the browned beef and onions to a large slow cooker or a stockpot. Add the beans, corn, tomatoes, green chiles, black olives, green olives, taco seasoning, and ranch dressing mix, and cook in a slow cooker on low for 6 to 8 hours or simmer over low heat for about 1 hour in a pot on the stove. To serve, place a few corn chips in each bowl and ladle soup over them. Top with sour cream, cheese, green onions and jalapenos.

Sounds nice Helen. Imade your cake yet again. It was wonderful .....yet again. My brother said it was the best chocolate cake he has ever had...... Yay
Survived the sleepover. It was easy in the end, I stayed away , they all behaved. Just wonderful.

Helen thanks for posting the taco soup recipe--sure sounds like a keeper. Aly it's good to see you. I'm like the road runner right now--put the turkey in the oven, made cranberry sauce with orange juice, tried a new recipe for sausage stuffing, and will try a new recipe for the brussel sprouts (steamed lightly and then sauteed in bacon). Company is coming and I will put on the DVD "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel". I bought it because I remembered that Aly went to see it when it came out in NZ. Hubby and I loved it so we will watch it this afternoon with friends. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. It is beautiful and sunny here with temp of about 19C. Everyone is still out in shorts and flip flops.

Happy eating all you Canadians. The thought of turkey makes my mouth water, yum yum yum.
So nice to see you around laurel. Missed you so much. Dear Allen's wife, encouraged me to try and come back. She said some words that stuck.

Enjoy that magical movie. It was even better the second time around.

Hey, after 7 years, I went out and plaited a friends daughters horse. It was fun, but when I finished, I felt 100. These bones are groaning. Scout ( horse) just loved keeping his head as high as he possibly could, but wouldn't let me stand on anything with out pulling back and that made it very difficult. He did well at the event, but the rider took a wrong jump on the cross country. Got eliminated.....poo, but he looked nice in his dressage test with his neat plaits :)

Hi All~~~~
Had a great Walk yesterday, enjoying my sister's visit, and got the house ready for fall by planting plants and putting up decorations. Rog is watching his Cardinals, Melissa and Maddie are here! Life is good!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Jen

Helen, I'm surprised she doesn't use black beans in the recipe. That is more the "mexican way". I make meatless chili. I use a can of black, pinto, red, small kidney and 1 other I can't remember. But its really your choice. Add some cans of chunked tomatoes as well as stewed. A can of yellow and a can of white corn. Drain the beans and rinse well, especially the black beans. Add a chili seasoning pack and jalapeños. If you like it extra hot, after you simmer it, throw in a few raw jalapeños! Top with grated cheese and sour cream. The sour cream will keep the flame from rising up too far from the belly.

Happy belated Turkey Day you real northerners!

Last edited:
Now I'm hungry! My oatmeal is "gone" and it's only 0915,
Can't wait to try the Taco Soup recipe!

I haven't had my oatmeal for the day.......

Hello folks... i have returned!

The turkey dinner was good, but was it worth all the dish washing? Seems like the turkey cooker is on duty for the whole day. It was good to put my feet up at 10 last night. Tonight it is turkey sandwiches while I watch Dancing With the Stars.

Wow, seems like old days. Laurel, at least we only do Christmas! To have 2 big days with all that hard work in the kitchen........ Beyond me. But 2 days eating turkey may lessen the pain somewhat.

All this talk of chilli, and I have never really had it. I put a can go beans in my nacos recently, so that may help.

Welcome Liz back to our table!

I'll have some of your leftovers Laurel, and will send some of mine up to you next month!

Hi All~~~~~~
Hi Liz!
Good to see you!

Sharing apple cider and banana nut muffins!

Jen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back