Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
MA
City
Southborough
Since this thread was originally started a couple of years ago, we have come to love and lost some of our friends. Here are the original 1st 2 postings, by Alyoop and AbbasChild (Annie):

"Hi ladies as I said, lets start this chatty thread, where we can all get away from the stresses of the day (except dog poop Joni).

Men are welcome of course, especially if you have a sense of humour and like a cup of tea.....oh and you need to be OK with talking about Doggy poop and cleaning

Lets Go girls!
Aly

Hi Aly, I'd love a cup of tea... Gosh, I have a lot of dog poop stories. But I'll just tell you about my recovering chicken, Adele. She's having hip or else problems with both legs and also has a toe that is quite bent--may be all arthritis. Anyway, when she was really hurting, her 16(?) fellow hens who have coexisted for nearly four years tried to peck her to death (hen pecking is real and often fatal). Dad (Phil) made her an infirmary next door in the utility area in a big carton. He checked on her before leaving at 6 and after getting home in the evening for a full month. So, being unable to continue this forced isolation (and all the extra work), he returned her to the house and her flock last Saturday. She was at first totally ostracized. Then the hens tried to bully her but the rooster (King Tut) would rush in and break it up. Phil kept putting her up on the roost every evening, and took her down in the morning. She's finally able to navigate by herself. Does it remind you at all of a schoolyard? It sure does to us.
Anne"

So, would anyone like to start again, here's our chance. Chatty, no drama, and dog poop stories. :)

I have a jug of iced tea and and some ginger snap cookies to share.

Hi Becky, that sounds perfect! Have you ever tried those lemon cookies that have the powdered sugar? Love those with ice tea!

Did your bathroom remodel get finished? I'm so jealous! :) Waiting for the plans for mine to get done, and then get the funding in place... So it will be a while longer for me.

Thanks Helen -

Must be honest though - I'm a coffee drinker! But if you happen to be serving Chai tea - I'm there with my favourite mug in hand.

we'll let coffee drinkers in... and you can even spike it if you want... But if you start dancing on a table, we're gonna take your picture!

I think we need some of Di's brownies... keep us all mellow...

Can I join your tea party ? I promise I will drink it with my pinky sticking out.

Dana

Ill have coffee with Elaine. Id love a piece of pie with that. Any kind will do.

Thanks, Helen. You started the thread off wonderfully!

White cake with chocolate buttercream frosting on our menu today!

Yes Helen the baathroom remodel is done and works well. Now looking at shower chairs. Hubby is happy I insisted on getting a bidet seat now. I'm thrilled to have it wash and dry my bottom. Watching the Pariots game and golf. Hubby likes to flip channels.

We have a little good news about my dad. He has been using a bi-pap for about three weeks now while he's sleeping. He was waking up several times during the night and my sister or her husband had to assist him to the restroom. He now sleeps completely through the night. He's not much on using other devices yet but he says the bi-pap is the greatest.

yay for bidets. bipaps and potty seats... and holding pinkies out is a must around here, can't keep it from doing what it wants anyway! I need to start using dragon and learn it.

Rog has a rollator...woohoo...now to keep it from running away with him! Maddie's mommy won't let her have ice cream... What a sour puss and we won't tell her!

Tea for me please! Helen, your lemon cookies are on the table!

Jen

Jen, maybe the rollator needs one of thos straps like they do for surf boards!

My lovely neighbor sent over a tray of chicken wings last night that I had for supper! Second week in a row she's sent over food... I have the best neighbors!

Having banana muffins this morning with my tea, would anyone like one?

Just checking in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back