Status
Not open for further replies.
Marta,

You need to see my H's hair. Her hair was red at birth. Then blonde. Not its beautiful shades of golds, reds and the lightest brown. And thick. At least a 3-4 inch pony tail. My boy M has dark brown hair and as thick as hers. I let him grow his hair out in second grade because his 5 year old cousin was battling a rare cancer and he wanted to donate his hair for her. He donated 8 inches and around 3 or so inches thick. He really thought she would get his hair. Overall, i believe the kids have donated between 15-20 times since it started. M was growing his hair out again and I asked if he wanted to donate it? He had about 5 inches off and still looks like the old J. Bieber.

You all have a wonderful day.

Sarah (and others who still have some use of their hands/arms) - ALSA loaned me a 'side table' and said that people use them as they progress to prop their elbows on and then be able to do hair/make-up for a little while longer. It's a rectangular table on wheels that adjusts height up and down. Haven't used it because I can still lift the hair dryer in my left hand and hold the brush in my right.

Thanks for the info, Mich! Is it like the adjustable hospital bed tables, or something else? Can you put a picture up? Don't worry if it's too hard to do... just curious what one looks like!

my sister has a holder for hher blow dryer it is adjustable hieghht andbends around like a gooseneck lamp. she picked up at the beauty supply place but im sure they r o n l i n e

I'll have to look in to that Mary Pat! My OT mentioned something like that. Just hooh it up and stick your head in front of it. Now, how to turn it on though.

I use an old walker in the shower next to my shower chair to prop up my right arm while bathing and so that I can use it to continue to wash my hair on my own. I'm also finding that my soft wrist brace is a big help. Can you rethink where you do your hair? Set up outside the bathroom if needed, where you could have a space that you can "drive up" to with a place to prop up your arm?

I love all the hair tales! Mine has natural wave and the humity make little frizzles on the top...no color now...too much upkeep. The top of my hair looks like someone poured white paint on my head and the back is dark brown...crazy hair!

Judy

Toto, tell him to shair the hair! With me of course.

Judith, at least we have hair, eh?

marta, it looks something like this(if the jpeg come thru) less than 30 bucks. plug ur dryer in to a power strip...i can turn one on and off with my elbow or foot, just a thought

Attachments

• hairdryer.jpg
    hairdryer.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 165
What a great thread Sarah! My sil had to cut her hair as the weight of it was causing it to break and thin, especially around her forehead... she had gorgeous waist length or longer hair until that point. I would hold off on the layers until you get used to the length, and decide if you're going to want to pull it back. If you put in a few long layers, it may give it more body.

My hair needs to be colored again, my skunk stripe is back! Funny that it's so light/white on top, but dark underneath... used to be a natural blond, now I have to pay for it... :) I am lucky in that it's still pretty thick and wavy... except for the bane of my existence, my cowlicks! I rarely use a blowdryer either, but found that if I lean forward onto a pillow on my table, then I can balance my arms better on the table.

Great MaryPat! Thanks! This is a good thread Helen. You're right!

I agree too! This is an excellent thread. Thank you Sarah for starting it! I also think you should wait a bit before maybe doing layers. Get used to your new length and then go from there.

Thanks, ladies. I thought this thread would be something fun and useful ;D

Had the opportunity to do some layers yesterday, but since you guys said no, didn't do it! It's actually working out pretty well right now. The crazy thing that excites me most is that I can finally use a beautiful Brighton hairthingie (uh, dunno what you call it... big shark-mouth lookin' thing) that my friend Susan gave me... I can twist my little pony tail and put my hair up off my neck with it. It was too long before, so that thing has been sitting in my jewelry box for, like, 8 years!

Like like like

Good deal Sarah!

Judy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back