Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm glad you werent hurt! and you didnt drop the phone 'in'

My husband has done that before, really puts the kibosh on using it to call for help.
Tip: Don't bother fishing it out.

Deb - my second try (first went to moderator). Never to be seen again.

I was wondering why you pull on britches... and why you bring the little critters to the washroom with you. Did you know that britches are baby lab monkeys? It's true. Here is a picture.

Sorry you went through that - but thought you could use a laugh.:lol::lol::lol:

Attachments

• Britches-after-treatment-by-the-ALF.jpg
    Britches-after-treatment-by-the-ALF.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 571
but you have to fish the phone out, 'cause you can't flush it down!

Says who? That would depend on what else is floating in the bowl with it and where those rubber gloves are. But I guess you're right Helen, you do need it if you carry insurance on it. Well, I know I'm quite early to give out awards, but I don't want to forget like last week.

Drum roll please, *****************

The CHEESE TIARA goes to Helen. Sending her first peep out into the big world and with such style. Just think, 2 peeps to go! Job well done!

The WHINE TIARA, unfortunately, goes to Deb. Anyone who manages to wedge themselves between a wall and a potty and can smile when telling it, deserves more than the silly tiara.

I would like to thank Jen and Rog for being such gracious hosts. I didn't have to lift a finger. She is like the Tazmanian Devil. No breaks this woman. Oh for those that missed the shoe shopping excursion, the lectern lounge has a wonderful selection of the ones we saw.

Which brings us to next weeks host. I do hope you're up for it, let me know and I can switch, so without further ado, next weeks hostess is Deb. Thank you for this gracious gesture (yeah right, I don't ask ahead and put them on the spot. What else are they supposed to do. Tell us no and go home.) Oh shoot, who left the voice talker on.

:eek:Thanks, Helen. Bedside commode is in our future I'm sure. We use a rolling one over the commode so if need be, I can be rolled out for a transfer.

I was actually away from the commode area (in it's own tiny room, narrow enough to bounce/balance back and forth off the side walls with pwc in front) once I finally:p managed to stand up. Thought I was being smart :-D:wink:to park in front of sink cabinet ( duh, it's always worked before) to lean forward on while tugging up the bloomers, unfortunately when I went to reach back (this motion of course was guaranteed to bring on muscle cramping) to push the joystick to lower the chair, it didn't work :confused:and I had trouble twisting and balancing to try to see the control panel, unable to see it I was flipping the switch blindly but my legs gave out before I got the seat lowered.:? Anyway, I wound up barely on the edge of my lovely molded cushion, unable to scoot back because the seat is tilted
(NO I did NOT get the ELEVATE feature on my pwc and this is why YOU need it.!)
and unable to stand up again. Knees wedged into cabinet at this point and wondering what kind of skull fracture I'll get when/if I topple sideways onto the tile steps that lead to the gardentub.:-?:cry::cry::cry::cry::mad::mad:

So a big CHEESE for devices, daughters, and now Depends

Elaine, I always have critters accompany me to the facilities:) Max, the cat leads the way, stretching as he saunters ahead of me. Snoop dog comes too and if Suzette (baby girl's Yorkie) is visiting we really turn the trip into a parade:):roll:

Toto, I carry my "reacher"(like a rifle) beside me on the PWC so it would not have been a problem to fish

Ladies - you are my heroes, my mentors, my inspiration. I know you all must have your bad days, but you always find a way to be stand up, shake yourselves off, and move forward - with a positive attitude. I want to be just like you (not 'when I grow up') but 'as I progress' on this journey. Thank you all. You paint an amusing picture with your descriptions, but also impart wisdom in how to 'get ourselves out of' these predicaments we may all find ourselves in.

Like...

I fell this week (trying to pull my pants up too btw) and my sons (well my younger son at least) thought it cool to get the hoyer lift from the living room, bring it in and get me off my butt on the floor (I had underwear on at least!)... then it was an argument with his Dad, who got home from work about that time, as to the best way to maneuver Mom, hanging in midair, into bed. The next day, as I was scootering to the kitchen, I hear a "hi Mom"... there was my son, sitting in the hoyer lift, hiding behind the corner... in midair of course! He cracks me up...

Helen,
They all practiced with mine before I came home. Its a drying rack right now.

Cheese: I've yet to use the Lift! Last fall was ages ago, before we got it!
Helen, leave it too the guys to argue at that moment!:roll::roll::roll::roll:

Whine: I've only ever been on the pump end and dread being in the sling! I really believe this fear has kept me from falling.:lol:

Deb whatever works to prevent falls!

Toto thanks for the cheese tiara! Talked to the girl for an hour last night she's settling in fine...

I'm unsure if this is a good week or a bad one. I don't like whine's, but really was hoping for some cheese's.

Deb served us some goodies, leftovers are at tea. Thank you, Deb. I hear a 6 Flags trip is in the works. Get your batteries charged!

Cheese: you wonderful ladies with your sense of humor. You make me smile. My dearest husband, who's my rock. Also, that smoked mozzarella I got the other day - delicious!

smoked mozarella? Yum!

Whine: I had to get up at 6a.m. for the first day of school with my sons...

Cheese: today is the first day of school, so no one is hanging around all day saying "I'm bored!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back