Come for Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome back everyone! No wonder it's been so quiet around here...

Kim, my Dad passed away on 9/19/99... so I know how you feel... though I do know it would have been worse if it were my Mom. I never got a chance to say goodbye, but he came 'round and said goodbye to me... long story.

What's everyone doing this weekend? Funny week, it's felt like Friday all week long.

Yesterday Scotty went home to his family. I read today the 8 year old golden retriever who found him was in the vet hospital with dehydration and cut paws. Bet she had a few ticks too.

Hello Becky,

I just googled and read The Boston Herald's reporting of Scotty's (mis-) adventure. He's one lucky little boy! Cannot begin to imagine the trauma to him, his parents and entire family. I'm sure someone will give Autumn a special treat!

thought u all would like to see this....it's a picture of my hubby putting my scooter on our pontoon boat using our porch lift! redneck or ingenious, i dont care i'll have it at the camp ground! have a great weekend all!

Attachments

• DSCF4875.jpg
    DSCF4875.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 172
Great photo Marypat. Love the boat as well. I love nothing more than being out on the water, just staring into it. Its mesmorising.

Pecan and currant bread in the oven for lunch.

Hi All,

Nothing planned for our weekend, the trip wiped us out... I'm going to try and organize 700+ puctures from 4 cameras...
Marvelous Maddie came over and walked all over, emptied the plastic containers cupboard!
Love the pic marypat!
Hi Robin~~~~~
On our way to the Australian place for dinner. Craving a steak!

Jen

Not doing much this weekend due to the heat. Skyped with my dad last night for a little while. He is looking forward to coming home for two weeks. When he goes back my sister said he is going to get speech, occupational, and physical therapy at the ALS clinic. It is registering at 104 right now outside at 6pm. Thank God for air-conditioning. Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Kim

I'm meeting with my daughters for lunch tomorrow to celebrate another birthday.

Sounds lovely.Zaphoon. How old is your daughter and how old were you when she was born...........he he he he. Not really, I hope you have a marvellous time enjoying each others company.

Boy it sounds very Hot Kim. I will have to do the calculations and work out what that is in Celcius.

Jen. Cant wait to see some photos of the trip. Did everything go as planned?

Hope yall are having a nice Saturday. Sunday here has been lovely. Sunshine after a very heavy frost.

I was 27 when our first daughter was born. She is now 28. The other two are 27 and 24.

Hi All~~~~
Happy Birthday, Zaphoon! And many moooore!

We are hot here and the A/C is on the fritz again. Pictures soon, gotta sort as we used 4 cameras (2 phones, point n shoot and a big one). Food got to Germany in 4 days which was amazing, the trip was great, flying is not for sissies! Thought we weren't going to get Rog off the plane in Amsterdam as he hadn't eaten in 18 hours(wouldn't because bathrooms too busy) and a toddler kicked the back of our seat or screamed the entire flight. Then it was the three mile hike (Rog was in a cart, no room for me so she drove slow enough for me to walk along side (sucked big time). Puddle jumper to Nuremburg was on the tarmac. Flight home had engine problems, missed connection. Aarrgghh! The cruise was great, slow enough pace that Rog could keep up, beautiful little towns, castles are real and Paris.... Oohlala! It's holiday time so there were tent camps all along the rivers and many of the tents had satellite dishes set up, campers were mowing the grass around their tents. Saw lots of swans, and went through 57 locks. Food was wonderful, staterooms were clean, showers were small (couldn't change your mind if you wanted to). People on the ship were pretty nice, usual range of down to earth to snooty. Lots of Australians, several New Zealanders, some Americans, some South Africans were the passengers. Staff was mostly Serbian and Croation. I'd do this again!

We'll be at 100 degrees today as well (38celcius about)!

There's mimosas (Sunday am beverage), fresh fruit and croissants and jam! Have a peaceful day!

Jen

Happy Birthday Zaphoon! Many many more...

Marypat, I love your pic of the scooter and hubby! Where there's a will there's a way!

Hi Alyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! :) Do you miss Sam yet?

Jen, you're a brave and adventurous soul! So glad you had a good time, way more than I'd attempt. Good for you, are you planning another trip soon?

Sounds amazing Jen
Yes Missing Sam, but just setting off for the lond drive to the airport, for our little holiday. Its frozen solid outside, so we will have to drive with care.
Olivia is a bit scared about being alone here for a week. Hopefully she will be OK, she is a bit down in the dumps and I dont really want to leave her. Boo hoo.

Toss some sun over our way and defrost the ground :)

Thank you all for the birthday pleasantries!

Our A/C went out over a week ago and one of our daughters with her husband came to our rescue with 2 window units to use until we either get the old unit fixed or replaced. We've been told the compressor went out and need a whole new unit. We figure it would be worth a second opinion.

Zaphoon, this one's for you!

Attachments

• redneck ac.jpg
    redneck ac.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 162
Helen that is hilarious. I remember when I was young our air conditioner went out right in the middle of a hot Arizona summer. My mom put a bowl of ice water in front of the fan and it worked. She also sprayed our sheets down with water at night to cool us off at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back