Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
No whine today, just a prayer PLEASE. My caregiver is a little under the weather and already this morning she threw me on the potty and muttered stuff. I think maybe I should forgo the chair and get out while I can.

Toto....sorry you are starting your morning a bit rough. 50 lashes with a NOT so wet noodle to your caregiver. We all have bad days/moments and unfortunately usually take them out on the one that definately does NOT deserve it. Kind of like the go home and kick the dog saying.
Sorry to hear about your daughter. She is so young. I would think you could google and find out what type of Dr you should find for your daughter.
I will pop in later and c how your day is going. :)

Good morning, Helen. So sorry to hear about your daughter. Hopefully, she gets a good doctor who can help her manage it well. What is up with hour caregiver? Are you home alone with her?

Sharlene, its my daughter that was diagnosed with some type of arthritis. Not sure where we go from there. The pcp said you're so young and that was it. I guess I will take your advice and oo gle for information. Now I know what my problem is (not really) but why are you up so early in the morning? Trying to catch the worm? I will gladly give you my share.

Thanks, Cathy. She wasn't as rough when she came down at noon. But she is still grouchy. Was afraid to ask for anything. If I do stay and we are able to get her paid, there are rules that we are going to set in place.

I don't like living on pins and needles in my own house.

Toto, so sorry to hear about your daughter. A rheumatologist would be the person you need. Please don't feel guilty about passing a bad gene down, it's more your ancestors, blame them. My daughter has been diagnosed with the same epilepsy as me, I got it off my mother etc. It's not my fault or my mums. It's just that thing called life!

Domino effect........cat just threw up on my ironing.....son jumped up in panic, spilling his cereal on the carpet. Funny! He's not laughing!

Sorry your caregiver is being a grump. She should not take it out on you!

Dorothy, Prayers for your daughter. No one want's their kids sick.
Aly, eeeewwwwwwwwwwwww cat barf.

Yup, prayers on the way Dear Dorothy!

Toto, humble prayers for your daughter. Arthritis can be a big problem...but hopefully she can get it managed soon.

Aly, sorry you are in a funk. Hope you get out of soon.

Cathy, I don't know you, but hello!

A little whine on the side...those walk in/sit in tubs are Expensive! $14,000 min...nothing compared to pwc..but dang...still too expensive for grandma's retirement money. Wonder if insurance would cover any amount?

NOW, Would like to offer some jalapeno Havarti Cheese and a salmon ball with crackers! Mmmm.

Cover it in chocolate and I will have some.
I saw one of those walk in tubs when I was away. Hadn't seen one before. Never imagined they were that dear. It was in hong kong. Maybe they are cheaper there?

Toto, my brother has Rhuematoid Arthritis (RA) and has for years... that's the brother who got me into the magnets as he was using them for the pain. Which reminds me Susan, how are they working for you? Probably take a couple of weeks before you realize any change for the better, but it won't hurt.

Kel, won't a sliding shower chair do the trick? My Mom pointed out to me once a long time ago that the trouble with those tubs is you have to sit in them and wait for them to fill up (thinking naked in a cold room here), and then sit in them waiting for them to drain... and our tub used to take a long time to drain. No thanks!

Aly..you got it..all the chocolate you want.

Helen, I didn't think about that part! Yeah I can imagine that would be very cold...I hate just the 30 sec. to a minute it takes me to get from the shower to the towel! I can't imagine longer than that. I thought it would be a little bit higher of a sit which would help her get up...but maybe there are raised chairs for the shower? I will have to take a look now . Thanks :)

Kel, you should be able to get a raised shower chair, for your gran, no problem.
Thanks for the chocolate, it didn't go too well with the salmon.
Better stop watching Numbers and get out into fresh air.

ugh, sorry, I was thinking 'Dorothy' and typed 'Helen', sorry!

That's ok Sharlene, we knew who you meant! :)

Kel, I have a shower chair that you sit on it outside the shower, and it turns and slides over the tub wall into the shower. The height is adjustable as well. I brought it over my Mom's house last week, and my stepdad Al was able to use it as well... kinda weird to think about that... but anyway, Mom said he grumbled the whole time getting him ready for the shower, and afterwards, he was soooo happy about getting a full shower!

I'm buying more magnets!No shoulder pain last night:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back