Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Lindoglvr,
Greatly appreciate your knowledged and will use some of your suggetions.
Ellisa

Feeling a little in the dumps

HI Everyone,
Sorry I have not Posted in a couple of days but I have been feeling a little down in the dumps. I suppose it has to do with the Holiday season. I truly am miss just getting in the car and going now I have to ask or wait till it is convenient for some one to take me. Yes, I know there is the Internet, but it just is not the same. I am also feeling like I am becoming more and more of a burden to my family everyday. It is like I am a two year old child having to ask permission to do something. I HATE THIS DAM DISEAS! I just want to hope in to my car and go but I can't. If I had one wish I think it would be for this dreadful disease to leave mine alone just so I could prepare myself mentally and physically on how to deal with this monster. Then when it decided to raise its ugly head at me again I could and would be able to tackle it head on. But no it is a coward and sneaks up from behind and never allows you to look it in the eyes. Instead it ambushes you and holds you down until you or to weak or simply to tired to fight it anymore. I truly miss my old life but, this dam monkey on my back just will not get off! Sorry for such a depressing post but for the last couple of days as well as today this is how I have been feeling and everyone around me just does not get and sometime I just don't get it.

ELLISA

Hi ELLISA, hope your day turns around soon. I don't know how anyone can NOT feel blue from time to time. The loss and worries for the future are overwhelming. Sometimes there are no words to offer other than I am sorry you have to deal with this.

Hi Ellisa. Looks like you need a hug. Here's one. Huuuug. Try to look at the good things. At least it isn't just above freezing outside and foggy. We have only had sun here about 3 days in the last month. It's usually not that bad but this seems to be a dreary Nov. here in southern Ontario. My son and wife and 18 month old daughter are coming home for a month next wednesday so I have something to look forward to. I'm sure there is something that if you thought about it today that would make you smile. Maybe George Bush naked? on a pony? Would that make you laugh? Maybe: maybe not but you have to admit I made you smile. AL.

Last edited:
Al, you made me smile. Elisa, here is another HUG!

Linda

Ups and Downs

Ellisa -

I was wondering where you got to - thought you just ran out of questions. :)

Had one of those bad days myself last week - the holidays can be great but rough at the same time. I absolutely don't blame you for feeling so frustrated.

I'm learning this is as much a mental as physical fight we're in. Since ultimately all this disease leaves us is our mind (bladder, bowel, and sexual function :twisted: ), it is the weapon we must use to fight back. We may not be up to the task everyday; but, we have to keep rallying as best we can.

Liz

P.S. - I think we need a "Hug" icon. Who would be in charge of that?

Hi everybody- been feeling overwhelmed myself lately. I read somewhere that now is the time we all need to rely on our higher power to get us through these kinds of days, and if we have no higher power we must rely on courage, so I heard. Keeping up the courage seems as hard as keeping my mood upbeat, on some days. But I did leave work early yesterday and spent the afternoon on the sofa watching a movie. I am becoming a movie buff, thanks to Cable TV and my comfy sofa. It helps to think of something else for awhile.

Thank you everyone for the hugs and encouragement.

Al-Well only 3 days of sun and freezing that would make anyone depressed. It is actually are you ready for this 75 degrees (Fahrenheit)
here today with no humidity and sunny. But Friday the temps. are suppose to drop to the 40's or 30's (now that is freezing to us).
Yes, Al you did make me smile with trying to picture George Bush riding naked on a pony, thank you for the laugh and excpecially the hug.

I just can't seem to get rid of these blues, it is like I am mad at the world or crying all the time.The only thing that seems to bring a smile to my face these days is seeing my daughter Maggie walk through the front door everyday after school and hearing about her day. She really is the light of my life.

I also have a question also about speech. I am noticing that my speech is becoming slurred almost like I am junk and I am coughing an awful lot lately. I guess what I need to know is this normal and what to expect in the very near future.

Thank you all
Ellisa

P.S. I agree we do need a hug icon.

Ellisa -

I hear a lot of us end up needing an antidepressant at some point for help coping. How long have you been feeling this bad?

Liz

I've asked David about the hug icon. AL.

Hugs to Al and Dave

Thanks Al and thanks in advance to Dave who definitely does not get enough thanks for all he does to keep this site going for us.

Ellisa,
Al sent a shiver down my wifes spine thinking, or picturing Bush on a pony naked. He's probably get on it facing the back anyway.
You mentioned your speech starting to slur. Have you considered starting to record your own voice on your computer using the Model Talker program. I've just started it myself, so that when I am no longer able to speak clearly I can use my computer to talk to my wife and family. If your interested you can find more information at: http://www.asel.udel.edu/speech/DownloadInstr.html

I hope things turn around for you soon. This speech program would probably be good to talk to Maggie later on if your voice fails. I always try to plan for the future, maybe this will help some. Hugs and best wishes from a fellow sufferer.

God Bless
Capt. AL

Mt.Pockets,
Thank you for the site information, I will definitely check in to it. Thank you for the support also, I am really feeling down these days. Your right Bush would probably get on it backwards and forget the saddle also.(ouch)

liz-I have been feeling this way off and on for a while now, but since the holidays have come around it is worst than ever. I have an appointment with General Practitioner next week going to ask for some type of antidepressant.

Dave-That will be great if you could come up with some type of huge icon. Because these days I could and I am sure everyone else here on this site could use a hug at least once in awhile if not everyday. Thank you and a bunch of hugs to you .

Thank you all
Ellisa

speech info.

ellisa said:
Mt.Pockets,
Thank you for the site information, I will definitely check in to it. Thank you for the support also, I am really feeling down these days. Your right Bush would probably get on it backwards and forget the saddle also.(ouch)

liz-I have been feeling this way off and on for a while now, but since the holidays have come around it is worst than ever. I have an appointment with General Practitioner next week going to ask for some type of antidepressant.

Dave-That will be great if you could come up with some type of huge icon. Because these days I could and I am sure everyone else here on this site could use a hug at least once in awhile if not everyday. Thank you and a bunch of hugs to you .

Thank you all
Ellisa
Thanks, Mt. Pockets for the voice information. I've been wondering how I could do that. ELISA, ANTIDEPRESSANTS ARE THE ANSWER....I'm on welbutrin xl no side affects. They (atlanta als clinic) put me on paxil 10mg also to help with crying, laughter. I think its helping but, its made me shakey I .guess i'll have to get Also I have terrible acid reflux much worse than I did before als. I want my life back too. I would love to clean house and cook again. I guess I need to be thankful for what I can do. lots of love janf.

Hey guys there is a typo above , we want a HUG icon not a HUGE one. It could be big but I don't think we need a huge one. lol AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back