Status
Not open for further replies.
Like you needed the added pinched nerves! Sorry to hear that and am sorry for the disappointment your wife is feeling. Did you have a tad of that as well? I know I did when I read your post. Did you happen to talk your wife into a support group? I hope that she is doing better and I pray for you both. Leslie

Payer? You bet!

Yes we will be praying for you and your wife Captain. Absolutely!

Guess Who?

Hello Everyone,
Sorry I have not posted in quite a while, I have been going through a few ups and downs, more downs than ups but hey that's life. I will try to some up what I have been going through these last couple of months as quick as possible, but I am a bit long-winded...LOL.

I have been in and out of the hospital so much that they actually know me by my first name and the nurses actually bring me lunch and diner. The perks of being a frequent fly-er...LOL. About a month ago everyone thought I was actually getting better, the tremors seemed to have stopped, speech seemed to be improving, walking and balance was improving. I actually started driving for a little while, I chalked it up as a miracle. Well, about 3 weeks-ago the tremors have started again, along with the charlie horses, abnormal gait, slurred speech and dragging and not being able to walk are move my right leg. I am literally scared and confused now. I have not made an appointment with my Neuro yet, due to the fact that I think he thinks it is all in my head and I am doing this to myself for attention. I really do not know where to turn or what to do anymore. I feel completely crazy.

I hope everyone is doing as good as can be expected. Thank to all of you for wondering what had happened to me. I am fine you can't kill bad grass....LOL It is great to be back on the forum.

God Bless

Ellisa

Ellisa Please Read!

My Brother has ALS, but I have some problems myself. My neuro. sent me on down the road. He recommended this Doctor that studies and treats underlying Neoro Muscular Disorders. I thougt since your in LA, He is Mobile AL.

I haven't decided when I'll go yet. Just ignoring my problems for now!

Hope you find this helpful.

http://www.southalabama.edu/usahealthsystem/neurology/faculty.html

Lorie

Glad to hear from you Ellisa. More than one persom has been asking about you. Quite a few actually.
AL.

Elissa! Welcome back! :) :) You gave me a pause there for a bit. Good to hear from you again! Cindy

Ellisa, it is so good to hear from you again. I'm sorry for the frustration you are facing with this. When you need a shoulder to cry on we are here for you.

Frizzle, thanks for the private message to my wife. She read it and said she appreciated it a lot, but she still will not talk with anyone else about my situation.

For those who might not be aware of it I have started a thread for Christians to share with one another at: Christians sharing hope with one another Use the search above to find it and join in if you like.
God Bless
Capt AL

Oh Captain Al, way to make me cry first thing this morning with the story of the man and two teenagers. They are tears of hope and gratitude, though. I haven't been posting much because I don't think I have anything to contribute and I feel somewhat like an interloper. But for whatever reason, I am still very much drawn to this forum since Mike died. Your wife and you are in my prayers, Captain. You are all, PALS and CALS, very much in my daily thoughts and prayers -- maybe that's the reason I'm still so drawn to this forum....

God bless,
Sharon

I'm sorry I made you cry Sharon. I welcome your comments and feel like Mike lives on through your love as you reach out to others here and help them through the difficult times. Please continue to contribute, we need you.

Especially thanks for the prayers.

God Bless
Capt AL

Thank you for your kind words, Capt. Al. Tears can be good, very good, so no need to apologize. As I said, they were tears of gratitude and hope, not sadness.

Your faith is such an inspiration to me. Thank you.

Sharon

Shannon- stay with us and don't feel like you can't contribute. Everybody has somedthing to add! Cindy

Ellisa,

Good to hear from you, don't be a stranger.

Take care and glad to hear you did better, hopefully, the feeling better will come back. That sounds promising, have you tried treatmetns, like IVIG and similar?

Rgds,

Jamie

Ellisa -

You're up, you're down, you're all around. Glad you're still kicking despite the bumps in the road. How's Maggie and the rest of your gang?

You're the best "bouncer-backer" we know, so keep on hangin' in there. I'm now predicting a made-for-TV movie about your exploits with the Katrina backdrop for dramatic effect and, of course, a "happy-ish" ending. What actress would you like to play you?

Any improvements in the health care down there? Last I heard, things were still tough. Is Wilson's disease still the diagnosed?

Take care,

Liz

Hi everyone,
I just want to say THANK YOU ALL FOR THE KIND WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT, it truly is appreciated.

Liz-Maggie and the gang are doing fine. I believe my medical exploits would make a great "House" episode. As for as who I would like to portray me, well I am really not picky, but she definitely needs to be beautiful, sexy and HOT...LOL The health care down here is still one big mess, doctors are still leaving left and right, along with trying to get an appointment with a descent M.D. is like trying to find a needle in a haystack and when you do find one it takes about 2 to 3 months to get an appointment. As for as Wilson's Disease still the diagnosis, who knows, my last blood work-up for copper levels came back normal, so now we are back to square one. It is just one big mystery. I am just trying to get on with my life the best way I know how. I have taken myself off all of the meds I have been prescribed and going to see what happens. I am tired of living in haze all the time. So-far-so-good.

God Bless You All and Thanks Again for everything,

Ellisa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back