Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
New York
City
Syracuse
I apologize to everyone to burden you with these questions of could this be..but here I go for the past two months I've been having some very abnormal symptoms and I'm wondering could this be bulbar.

I am 21 years old, my father has ALS

1. I started having a weird twitch in my right foot constantly(currently twitches).
2. My right thigh also began to twitch constantly for about 2 months then stopped, it occurs sometimes nt all the time the muscle in my thigh hurts very badly,and is smaller to the point family notice.
3. Simultaneous to that I looked in the mirror and my left side of my tongue was moving or twitching by itself while at rest and I can't feel it, and also had new indentations in it especially to the back left(tongue is clearly bigger on right)also developed a twitch in my neck and it as well is visibly smaller. I had no swallowing/speech issues although my tongue does hurt and occisionally get somewhat tired, and I have a constant almost post nasal drip. And constant muscus almost like slime in my throat. I also woke up 3 times in the night with stabbing tongue pains.also when I stick it out it goes to the right nt straight.
4. Also I have new indentation/ gaps in muscles in forearm and hand.
5. And I also began to experience some facial twitching as wwll my jaw feels as though it's shaking along with my lips!

PLEASE give me your advice could this be anxiety or bulbar.

My vote is anxiety, no bulbar symptoms.

My vote is anxiety, no bulbar symptoms.
Thank you very much for replying....jw so how do you feel about the indentations and tongue twitching? Nothing to worry over?

Maybe you should make an appointment with your GP and ask for a referral to a neurologist.

Does it sound like it could possibly be something?

It doesn't matter whether we think it is a problem or not, Baxter. You apparently do think it is a problem because you have asked the same questions and listed the same symptoms in a new post each of the last three days. Each day, you add a new symptom or change the way you describe a previous symptom. What is it that you want us to tell you?

You appear to have made up your mind that something serious is wrong with you, so it doesn't matter what we say to you. Follow the advice you've already been given and go to your doctor.

For the record (again), your symptoms don't sound like ALS to me.

It doesn't matter whether we think it is a problem or not, Baxter. You apparently do think it is a problem because you have asked the same questions and listed the same symptoms in a new post each of the last three days. Each day, you add a new symptom or change the way you describe a previous symptom. What is it that you want us to tell you?

You appear to have made up your mind that something serious is wrong with you, so it doesn't matter what we say to you. Follow the advice you've already been given and go to your doctor.

For the record (again), your symptoms don't sound like ALS to me.
Sorry thank you

Baxter.

I'm sorry your dad has ALS. It does happen that relatives and caregivers for those with ALS seem to develop some of the symptoms, not that they have the disease, its just the stress manifesting itself. Its not uncommon for it to happen.

Most cases of ALS are not familial. If you're worried, you really should see a doctor, not because I secretly think you might have a problem or anything, but, your doctor can see if you maybe need something to help with the fallout caused from the worries concerning your dad, and also, if maybe you have something physical causing the symptoms.

What you describe could be attributed to many things. So, why don't you go, and put your mind at ease.

Good luck to you, and your entire family.

Rose thank you for your reply, and I'm sorry about your situation also. I actually have an app with a neuro tomorrow after going to my gp for some newer weird symptoms he advised me to go and put a rush on it:/ little paranoid right now

Had app today

Hello all I hope this finds everyone in good spirits...so I had an app with a neuro today I told him of all my symptoms and my most recent newer one weak knees,toe spasms,cramps in foot and thigh, and the most alarming whenever I smile talk or move face the muscles twitch/flutter as well when I close my eyes, also when i look at the bottom of ny feet where I feel lots of tingling I can see it moving, plus the tongue fasciculations;/ all has me very uneasy he did i his routine strength test i guess and the reflex's...he didn't say much to me at all except he wants blood work, MRI, emg/nvc to make sure its not anything like my father(who has ALS) he also said he wanted to test for other muscular diseases;( I'm so scared and would just like insight of some sort...and i know you all aren't dr's or neuro's just honestly scared. Thank you all xoxoxo

Re: Had app today

Forgot to mention my throat feels almost like it's closing up or almost being pressed down and twitches in feet and thigh I assume makes my toes move

35 views and no responses;(

You're under a doctor's care. Wait and see what the doctor finds out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back