Diagnosis
06/2001
Country
UK
State
Leics.
City
Leicester
hi, i am new here but hav had pls for 10 yrs. am fairly stable right now - can walk with a frame, got no speech but otherwise not too bad. BUT now got double vision, a brand new symptom. will go to eye doc soon, just wondering if anyone else has it and wot u do about it? botox? it's a downer wen u hav to communicate by typing and the words are floating around...thanx a lot, good to be here. i am in the uk by the way, and dont know anyone else here with pls.

I have had double vision in the past. It was never explained why...but don't have it now with my glasses...although my vision has gotten worse in the past few years to the point of needing stronger and stronger percription each year. Hope the doc can help you!

Hi. The only thing that i can add is that my PALS gets double vision quite frequently. He is locked in and has been for over 5 years. i beleive it has to do with his eye muscles weakening. He hasnt gone to the dr about it, thats just what we think. He will have us tape his eye shut for awhile and let it rest. Once we take off the tape, its ok.
Dont know if this will be of any help. Good luck

hi AKmom, thanks for the info, i feel v positive that new glasses can help me! so good to tallk to other PLS people at last. keep well
Louise

hi Liz
thanks - everything helps, and it's good to talk to someone else. i wear an eyepatch, like a pirate, to watch tv or type, but it isn't much good really. am hoping new glasses will do it eventually.
Louise

Mad bird,

I wouldn't waste my time consulting an eye doctor. You need to consult your neuro. He will decide what to do depending on whether it is monocular or biocular. Then you will know if you need an eye doctor. There are many reasons for double vision ( including aneurysm or tumour, MS and myasthenia gravis to name a few) that have nothing to do with PLS.

Years before my PLS diagnosis, I happened to have a sudden episode of double vision. It was just when I looked down. The day before I had seen an ear,nose and throat doctor who had remarked that my eye lid was drooping ( I hadn't noticed just as I hadn't been aware of my widespread spasticity for years ). He told me to keep in touch if anything developed. When I phoned him to report the double vision, he called the hospital and sent me for an immediate brain scan. It was done within hours. Whatever the problem was it was transient and required no treatment. Better safe than sorry.

Three cheers for Canadian socialized medicine! Cost was zero $$! Remember there are no diagnosticians on this form just informed opinions which should never be a substitute for medical evaluation by professionals.

ND

Hi !
I've just visited this forum. Happy to get acquainted with you. Thanks.

Hi Rachel, sorry missed your post. Welcome to the forum! you must have felt a bit ignored. Sorry about that. Where are you from and have you got ? PLS?

Welcome agsin
Aly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back