Loved one DX
Country
CA
State
Manitoba
City
Winnipeg
Hi everyone,
First off I offer prayers and hugs to everyone on this webisite. This is not an easy disease to go through. I am in waiting proccess myself.
I have a quicky question for everyone. As you know, getting to see a neurologist is a long process. Does anyone know how to get to see one sooner?
Also what does experiencing numbess mean? Sometimes one may go through numbness in various parts of the body.
Thanks

hello . . No expert but from what i have gained from other more experienced members numbness is a sensory feelingi not normally related to Mnd als . . Have the same trouble hurrying neuro up this side of the pond . . Them actually returning calls is as rare as rocking horse sh¤t. . You can always keep ringing and ask to be brought forward in event of a cancelation . . Good luck

Sometimes if your Dr calls it can help a little but typically the best you can do is have them put you on a cancellation list. Meaning if anyone cancels they will call you, however I do not think they get a lot of cancellations.

Sensory issues are definitely not associated with MND. I do not believe that numbness would be indicative of ALS.

Do not fall into the trap that everything you feel becomes a symptom. Not saying that you are doing that just stating the numbness could be totally something seperate or could point away from you having a MND. Have you had MRI's?

I hope you are able to see a Dr soon and that they give you some good news. Best of luck!

I have numbness over my whole body, in particular my hands and feet. I am being treated for Lyme disease but may also have ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back