Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
MN
City
Minneapolis
My dear husband passed away on 04-08-10. I came to these forums frequently and read posts and sometimes wrote in them too. I had found many helpful suggestions and implemented several of them.

ALS is a very hard disease to see anyone go through. Bob's abilities were gradually taken from him until he was no longer able to do anything without my help and the help of a hoyer lift, power chair, hospital bed, condom catheters, feeding machine ... the list goes on.

Although intellectually I know it was no way to live, my heart tells me something completely different. I was hoping he would be able to live longer and I would have cared for him willingly. It was hard work, but at least I was able to touch him and tell him I loved him.

Bob was diagnosed in July of 08 and had a good year until August 09 when he started falling. Upon diagnoses the doctors told us 2-4 years .... he didn't make it to the two year mark, and I feel ripped off!

God Bless all PALS and CALS

In loving memory of my Bob

I am so sorry for your loss, this is such a horrible disease. Please take care of yourself and remember the good times that you had with Bob. Thank you for all you did for him.

Please accept my condolences on the loss of your husband, Bob.
You were "ripped off", and for that I am so sorry.

My sincere condolences for your loss. May you will find comfort in your memories of happier times.

I'm sorry to hear you lost Bob and I agree with you having been ripped off.

Thank you for all you did for Bob during his battle with ALS. It was your battle, too, as you were on the forefront, doing all of those things for Bob that he could not do for himself.

I'm glad you found this forum helpful during it all.

Kim

I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for being such a servant and caring for him. It sounds like he had no doubt you loved him very much.

So sorry for the loss of your husband.God Bless.
Sharon

So sorry for your loss. I lost my husband 04-24-10 to this terrible disease. He was diagnosed July 09 and was told 3-5 years from diagnoses. I too feel ripped off cause he only had it 9 months and it was very unexpected. We were preparing ourselves for all the different stages he was going to have to go through, and he didn't. When he passed he was still walking with a walker and he was just waiting for his speach device because we could barely understand him. He also had the feeding tube in. It has only been just over a week and it is still unbelievable, people keep telling me it will get easier and i am sure it will but right now it doesn't feel like it. I would love to have him with me, but i have to keep telling myself that now at least he doesn't have to suffer through all those stages, and my children and i don't have to watch him suffer. Even with that being said, i MISS him so much.......I LOVE YOU KEVIN!

My heart goes out to you!

I am so sorry for your loss. This is such an awful was to lose someone you love...Take care and I pray the Lord will comfort you at this time.. Linda

So sorry for your loss.

AL.

I, too, am so very sorry. For Bob's wife and Kevin's, I hope you receive comfort as you grieve and have loving family and friends to surround you.
Ann

I am so sorry to hear your sad news. And I know that nothing a stranger can say will help you at all. But knowing that, I will still pray and hope that all the love you have for your Bob - and K600xlt all the love you have for your Kevin - will fill your hearts to overflowing and will somehow fill you up that way. Mary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back