Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
PA
City
Lafayette Hill
Would like to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving. I know this year I am most thankful for this forum & all forums members for the information and support that is found here; whether it is a pat on the back or a shoulder to cry on!
Especially grateful to David & Al for keeping this forum going!

With warm wishes to all,
Marianne

Thanks Marianne! Happy Thanksgiving to you!

I made the trip to Georgia yesterday with the wife and my youngest daughter.

Grandson Wyatt is a hoot!

Kim

Any new pictures of Wyatt?

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my American friends! Can I have two Thanksgivings, a Canadian one in October and an American one in November? No turkey, just thanks. Thanks for my familiy, my ALS clinic team, my friends and especially thanks for all of my forum friends who make this journey less lonely.

I count this forum as one of the things I truly am thankful for!

now, to share a smile...

The Parrot

A young man named John received a parrot as a gift. The parrot had a bad attitude and an even worse vocabulary. Every word out of the bird's' mouth was rude, obnoxious and laced with profanity. John tried and tried to change the bird's attitude by consistently saying only polite words, playing soft music and anything else he could think of to "clean up" the bird's vocabulary.

Finally, John was fed up and he yelled at the parrot. The parrot yelled back. John shook the parrot and the parrot got angrier and even ruder. John, in desperation, threw up his hand, grabbed the bird and put him in the freezer. For a few minutes the parrot squawked and kicked and screamed. Then suddenly there was total quiet. Not a peep was heard for over a minute.

Fearing that he'd hurt the parrot, John quickly opened the door to the freezer. The parrot calmly stepped out onto John's outstretched arms and said "I believe I may have offended you with my rude language and actions. I'm sincerely remorseful for my inappropriate transgressions and I fully intend to do everything I can to correct my rude and unforgivable behavior."

John was stunned at the change in the bird's attitude. As he was about to ask the parrot what had made such a dramatic change in his behavior, the bird continued, "May I ask what the turkey did?"

Happy Happy Thanksgiving to my wonderful American forum friends. I can't even tell you how much you all have helped me get through such a difficult time. I am so thankful for you all. I just can't believe what a treasure trove of fine quality human beings were waiting for me to discover on this ALS forum. Who knew? You all are the best surprise I've ever had, especially since it was a horrible one that brought me here.

You are all in my thoughts and in my heart. Thank you!
Rosella

Last edited:
OMG .. Being Canadian , I was able to experience an American Thanksgiving first hand.

Its the biggest shopping day of the year. Those people are crazy .

It should be called Thanksbuying day.

What ever its called , I wish my American neighbors and friends a happy and joyous Thanksgiving.

Glen

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. I am very thankful that my mother seems to be progressing slowly and I hope to have her around for many more Thanksgivings. I hope you all have a great day and thank you for making this easier for me and for making me laugh when I am feeling down.

Dana

OMG .. Being Canadian , I was able to experience an American Thanksgiving first hand.

Its the biggest shopping day of the year. Those people are crazy .

It should be called Thanksbuying day.

What ever its called , I wish my American neighbors and friends a happy and joyous Thanksgiving.

Glen

Glen, I've yet to go shopping on Black Friday :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Da-Vinci-Turkey-Painting--34149.jpg

CJ, this is the best one yet!

Don't you think she needs s cigarette?!

happy thanksgiving to all have a great day..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back