Other
Country
US
State
Virginia
City
Fairfax
Hi,

I've been freaking out the last 3 days and was wondering if a pinch nerve in the neck could possibly cause arm muscle weakness and twitching without any pain because these are the symptoms that I'm having.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Does anyone have any feedback on this question. I've been very worried about the gradual clinical weakness of my left arm. About 6 weeks ago, the left part of my neck became very stiff and I had pain that would radiate down to my left arm. This all went away 5 weeks ago. Is it possible for a pinch nerve in the neck to cause the weakness in my arm?

The worrisome thing is that I don't have any tingling or numbness associated with the arm.

PLEASE.

Yes, a pinched nerve can cause weakness in your arm. Have you had an MRI?

You might want to change your profile you have that you were diagnosed 5/2009 with ALS/MND.
Sorry if that is true, but it doesn't make sense with your question.

Could it progress weakness without numbness/tingling?

Thanks.

Have you see a Chiropractor? That will tell you if you need to pursue other medical people or it will be solved.

A few years ago, I experienced a situation where a nerve was being slowly, progressively pinched. This usually occurs without being related to a specific disease, but in my case it is a common occurance with my degenerative joint disease. I did not notice loss of feeling in the left arm, and initially was not aware of the loss of strength. I damaged the shoulder while working out and after an MRI, the neurosurgeon pointed out to me that the arm was significantly weaker than the right arm.

In my case, with a cortisone injection and few months of physical therapy, the pinched nerve improved.

Before anyone has surgery on thier neck go to cervcal spine on the internet and see how many peoplr have had the surgery only to find out it was actually ALS. Just make sure thats what it really is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back