cold and flu season

Status
Not open for further replies.

dana

Distinguished member
I was just wondering if your immune system is effected at all with ALS. Is it more difficult to fight off colds/flu once you have them, or is it that same as everyone else? My dad has had a cold for about a week now, and it is really wiping him out. He's lost his appetite and has lost some weight because he hasn't been eating much, but I think the loss of appetite is from all of the meds he is taking for the Lymes disease. He is on some pretty potent antibiotics. I didn't know if that effected his cold too. My mom and dad's bedroom is upstairs, and over the past couple of weeks, my dad has been getting really out of breath climbing the stairs. He thinks it is because of his cold, but I just don't know. It's hard not to worry. He still walks around perfectly well, and has never fallen. I have to wonder if his body is getting weaker though. Hopefully it is from the cold. Anyways, just curiouse about how everyone does with fighting off cold and flu bugs.
Keeping you all in my prayers,
Dana

Hi Dana. I was told to get the flu and pneumonia shot. They didn't say I would get colds and flu more than normal but if you get one it will knock you down more and ALS patients are supposedly more susceptible to pneumonia. I am finding I have trouble climbing a flight of stairs without being winded too. Mine is from ALS though. Just the progression of the disease though I guess.

[quote:0a1cdf1cc0="dana"]I was just wondering if your immune system is effected at all with ALS. Is it more difficult to fight off colds/flu once you have them, or is it that same as everyone else? My dad has had a cold for about a week now, and it is really wiping him out. He's lost his appetite and has lost some weight because he hasn't been eating much, but I think the loss of appetite is from all of the meds he is taking for the Lymes disease. He is on some pretty potent antibiotics. I didn't know if that effected his cold too. My mom and dad's bedroom is upstairs, and over the past couple of weeks, my dad has been getting really out of breath climbing the stairs. He thinks it is because of his cold, but I just don't know. It's hard not to worry. He still walks around perfectly well, and has never fallen. I have to wonder if his body is getting weaker though. Hopefully it is from the cold. Anyways, just curiouse about how everyone does with fighting off cold and flu bugs.
Keeping you all in my prayers,
Dana[/quote:0a1cdf1cc0]

About colds.
http://naturalhygienesociety.org/past.html
Stay off drugs.

Don't nobody push drugs on this discussion board. that's not allowed. The ALS Society of Canada does not tolerate miracle cure information on this discussion board. Drugs come under that category. Instead go for science: hygiene, which is the science of health.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back