Repeated denials for in home services

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow up to my previous post as I just got an update from PT that reads:
"I will keep seeing him after they (=OT and speech therapist) are out for needs that continue to arise and we can add them back if a need arrises or if nursing is needed or a home health aide. It will just have to be a little more spaced out like we talked about last visit because you have to justify skilled progression. So I can’t just come and stretch every time but can definitely justify it while we are teaching it and training."
... she is still talking about 'skilled progression'... maybe I will give her a printout of that law too.

The "teaching it and training" might helpful for the approval process... as our physician also put in the request that training me for safety was needed.
I hope she can teach and train me for a while.

We were repeatedly denied any help, even with orders and prescription from the neuro. Most everything falls to me with the a few hours help from a team I have assembled and pay for ourselves.

We had to get on hospice to basically have any coverage and the only aide that Medicare paid for was three times per week with the bath aide, so total hours. They paid for brief hospice nurse visits and hospice made it pretty clear I needed to do everything but change out the catheter monthly because aides were not allowed to do much ch and nursing would be very limited time wise.

I paid for around 30 hours a week so I could smash that together with the six bath hours weekly and I did all morning and evening cares plus all weekend. Brian thanks to some heavy technology and a few extra gizmos, and having a voice to command with could be alone a few hours, though I hated that. I used both private staff and agency aides for the care hours.

I’m sorry, this homecare situation stinks. I can’t believe that every other nation in the hemisphere provides homecare in this situation. I talk with a CALS in Finland, and his wife has 14 hours of care daily and she is not even on Trilogy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back