• Memoriam wall
    • We've created a memoriam wall to remember our friends
    • If you know someone that battled ALS, please add them here

The girl of my dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Ernie, I am so sorry for your loss! I have been inspired by your devoted care of your wife.

I also have been inspired by the devotion to your wife....a true love story. Wishing you peace, comfort and strength.

Sassy

Ernie, I am so sorry to read this news. It was obvious when we spoke that you were doing everything possible to keep Sybil as well as possible. Love never ends. What a treasure you two had and still have even if she is now free of her broken earth suit. I am so sorry for your loss.

Thank you all for your kind words.

This forum has played a very important role in my experience as an ALS caregiver.

Sibyl and I had a wonderful life together even with the last three years of medical challenges including this beast ALS. The memory of our time together will sustain me until my time comes to fly free.

Happy holidays to all

Ernie

Oh Ernie, I deeply feel for your loss!
This forum can play a very important role, too, in dealing with no longer being a caregiver. Hope to see you around here, you're a true prince.

Ernie,

I'm sorry for your loss and how heavy that must weigh on your heart. Sibyl was lucky to have you... not just as her love, husband and best friend... but also as so outstanding a caregiver. From your earliest moments here, in these forums, it was apparent that you wanted to provide the very best care to the girl of your dreams. AND YOU DID!

If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know. Darcey also wanted you to know that you were in her thoughts and prayers.

My best, good sir...

Jim

Ernie, sorry for your loss but glad Sybil flies free

So sorry for the loss of your beloved wife, Ernie. You were a wonderful CALs. Wishing you peace.

I am so sorry that you have had to face this.

Yet, as I have followed your posts throughout your tenure here, I have recognized that you had a special relationship with your wife and that you handled this situation in a very special way.

My deepest condolences to you and your family.

Steve

May loving memories keep her ever close in heart. With deepest sympathy in your loss. B.

Attachments

• Flying Free.jpg
    Flying Free.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 134
Ernie,

So sorry for your loss, with sincere sympathy for your and your family.

Best regards,
Bill

Very sorry for your huge loss Ernie. Wishing you strength during this time. You were an amazing CALS and she was lucky to have you take such good care of her. Take care of yourself now and rest lots if you can. It is hard to slow down after sometimes.

Ernie, I am so sorry for your loss of Sibyl. Your love for her was always evident and you inspired me. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sharon

I found this yesterday in Sibyl’s papers. I’m sure she intended that I find it after her passing. I think it worth sharing as we have shared our journeys with ALS.

When I am gone, release me, let me go....
I have so many things to see and do...
You mustn’t tie yourself to me with tears...
Be happy that we had these years...
I gave you my love. You can only guess...
How much you gave me in happiness...
I thank you for the love you have shown...
But now it’s time I traveled on alone...
So grieve for a while, If grieve you must...
Then let your grief be comforted by trust...
It’s only for a while that we must part...
So bless the memories in your heart...
I won’t be far away. For life goes on...
So if you need me, call me and I will come...
Though you can’t see or touch me, I’ll be near...
And if you listen with your heart, you will hear...
All my love around you soft and clear...
And then when you must come this way alone...
I’ll greet you with a smile and “welcome home”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back