PALS ROLL CALL NEW THREAD (PALS ONLY) [Wednesday or whenever]

Another Wednesday. Handyman taking a little wallpaper down and painting a couple of rooms. Trying to get everything completed by mid-February so the house can be put on the market. We will be moving from Indiana to Illinois to be near a daughter and to be in a house or condo with easy access. At this time I am sleeping in a bed moved from the second floor to the family room. Death cleansing is not fun as it is difficult to get rid of the stuff collected over the years that is important to me. My wife seems to want it all gone while I would like to keep a few things until I die. We “discuss” this everyday.

have been away from the roll call for a while. would like to give a big and special shout-out to those dear forum members for resurrecting the humor thread. love it ! !!!

My wife has just been clearing our ramp (one of them) after another 6" of snow overnight. Our snowblower is in the shop, and she's wearing herself out. We've had more snow in the past few weeks than we had all last winter. A neighbor clears our very long driveway, but it's harder to get help for the walks during the week when our friends are at work during daylight.

Weather permitting our daughter arrives fm NY today to help celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary on Friday (when the high is predicted to be zero). Looking forward to a warmup, but none in sight. Stay warm.

Ed

My cold was short lived. It never went below my nose and ears. I think there just might be something to that chicken soup thing.

Two nights ago it got down to 39. That nearly broke a record for Daytona Beach Shores. Even when it gets cold inland, the ocean keeps the coast warmer. Today it's back up in the 70s and sunny.

I'm probably going to get the remaining doors in the condo painted along with the rest of the ceilings and baseboards. The new windows made a world of difference. The heat and air never come on and it seems to stay around 70-72. Some mornings the kitchen is 69 but I can deal with that for a few hours.

I bought a dehumidifier for my bathroom and love how it takes the humidity down so quickly. I feel best when the humidity is 50. Low humidity dries me out. Fortunately, where I live tends to be higher humidity. I should have been born on the equator. I love the heat.

I am doing well. It is spectacularly beautiful with the snow gently falling.

My wife headed out of town for a retreat and my sister is arriving today. Her flight was delayed by about 6 hours and is now about 1 to 2 hours away. Hopefully, the snow won't cause too many more delays.

Steve

Still here. So far so good.

Bill

Still hanging around.

Ray

Today I took my brand new power wheelchair for a ride on the bike path with a friend. It was so good to get out and have some fun.

But by the time I got home, I found I had rolled through dog poo and managed to track a little into the van.

So many stories have silver linings. I’m afraid this story had a bit of a brown one. Sh$t happens. :???:

Had my last PT appointment today for my right shoulder. It still hurts sometimes, but not nearly as bad as it did. I am now a firm believer in ultrasound for soft tissue issues.

Otherwise, it is ops normal in Kansas for this time of year. Cold, snow and ice. On the positive side of things, the Pats are going to the Super Bowl. Fingers crossed for #6.

Good to hear from everyone this week. Sounds like others are getting some of the snow we are missing! And this is our first year to have snow removal service! Still glad to know we are covered no matter what falls from the skies. My sprained ankle is finally getting better. Just got a haircut so feel like a new woman!
Mary

Hello everyone! Let's see...here in Ohio it's been snow, ice, more snow, more ice, wind, cold, colder, more ice, much more ice!!!!!

So my husband is also cleaning the house out preparing to sell this Spring. He is also feeling the need to pitch anything that represents our hopeful future life-like items for being grandparents. We have no grandchildren yet, but I saved lots of items for the possibility. Plus items for gardening, canning, entertaining, traveling, etc.
I can't help with any of these cleaning, pitching, or organizing projects.

We are also looking for a one story, handicapped accessible condo with yard and snow removal services. We find ones, but can't buy yet until this house is sold. A work in progress.

Have a great week! Enjoy any bit of sunshine that comes your way.

Cathy

Sorting is hard physicalky and emotionally. Especially in our situation. I am a fan of the Marie Kondo original book and I did skim Rightsizing your life by Ciji Ware. The former helped me more but in your situation with a targeted move it might be worth reading the Ware book. I got both from the library. Don’t buy- one more thing to then get rid of.

And as I have said before moving to one level and smaller has been great. Clinically I have progressed a little but my quality of life is lots better. Hope you also find a move beneficial!

The Netflix series about Marie Kondo was so good. Apparently since it came out a few weeks ago the thrift shops around here have noticed an improvement in the quality of their donations. It’s really important not to leave a burden to the people we love and leave behind. There’s also something called Swedish death cleaning. I just wish my dear husband was more on board with all of these concepts. Glad yours is!

Hi, all. Hanging in and hanging out in western PA. We dodged a bullet last week and the forecast 12-15" snowfall only yielded about 3" here. Wife and DD were able to clear it easily.

Statius and Firefighter - good neighbors are a huge blessing!

Forecast this week is 10 below zero Wednesday night. Hope that turns out to be wrong, too. :)

Kim - glad your cold was a mild one.

Stay warm for those in the north. For those in the south - enjoy!

Regards,
Bill

Back