PALS ROLL CALL NEW THREAD (PALS ONLY) [Wednesday or whenever]

Still here in cold Florida. One health issue after another. I'm having a Christmas Party in my condo social room on Saturday. Trying to rest up is making me not sleep, if that makes sense.

Chronic pain can sure make for a sour mood.

Missed Wednesday, but still here none the less. Trying to get ready for Christmas; feeling more like a spectator but doing what I can. Daughter is living with us for a while, and I think (unstated) she wants everything to be as "normal" as possible (real tree, indoor and outdoor decorations, etc.)
Best wishes to all for whatever and however you are celebrating. :-D
Bill

Statius,

I don’t use my legs to drive. Van has hand controls. I couldn’t hold the brake pedal down when I was at a stop light. VA set me up for some training with a physical therapy guy. Planned for several classes but after the first one he said “you’re good to go.” That was easier than I expected but I did fly helicopters for twenty years and was use to working controls with my hands. Then I had to go to drivers license office, take a driving test and get it noted on my license. Been operating that way for awhile. Now my shoulders are getting sore when I drive so we’ll see how long I can continue before I’m relegated to driving just my wheel chair.

Bill

Trying to stay positive and I must convey that to friends and family because everyone talks about how strong I am. I was diagnosed 11 months ago and it is scary to think how this has progressed this fast. I can no longer speak at all and can take nothing by mouth. But the good news is that the ALS Clinic feels that my strength is still the same in arms and legs even though I’m not as steady as I used to be. This will be the first time in 40 years that Christmas has not been at our house. Time to pass that baton!

I'm jealous! :roll: Blitzc Cathy is going to make CHOCOLATE FUDGE AND Chally has SNOW! How wonderful!

Old Fashioned fudge is a challenge, especially beating it. The newer recipes are good too, without all the effort. However it’s made, CHOCOLATE is always good!

And SNOW – even if you can’t safely go out, you can still sit in the open doorway or open a window and smell and hear it. I LOVE snow, (not the cold), but the mystery and beauty of it. As a child I used to kneel on the couch and look out the window for the first few flakes. If it didn’t snow Christmas Eve, it was usually there in the morning. We had different types of snow. It was wondrous.

A couple years ago when we had snow at night, I stood in the street with my back to the streetlight. Staring at the giant, dark green Cedar tree, the falling crystalline flakes appeared suspended in the air, like hundreds of pearls on strings. Our 63ft by 35ft tree had to come down this year, the beautiful memory remains.

Although I don’t have snow or fudge, I have ALL my cards and letters out! Since a friend just presented me with a lovely, red Poinsettia plant, I have a decoration. So far, so good!

Christmas, etc. holidays, are fast approaching. May you experience joy and peace as you celebrate.
:smile: May blessings abound. B. :cool:

(Hope this works - enjoy!)
Christmes-Scene-Animated-christmas-16186036-640-480.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
This Saturday Friends that I did kayaking,snowboarding etc and the rescue patrol at local ski resort have offered to take me down the slopes in their rescue sled. They know my condition as a quadriplegic and say it will be all good and safe.

Gonna make it als awareness with fundraiser for the Gleason foundation

Let you all know how it goes

Have not been feeling well but this outing should get me going. I ll rest later!

Chally, sorry to hear you haven’t been feeling well. I hope you have a blast on that sled.

Happy Wednesday everyone. I’m looking forward to my brother and his family coming in from Switzerland to visit me next week. Spending this week trying to get things organized before their visit.

Today is the penultimate day of my 16th Radicava cycle. Looking forward to the eighteen-day break. My son and his wife are coming this weekend for Christmas.

Happy Holidays to all!

My cycle starts up again on the 24th. I'm going to have the port accessed in the morning but hold of starting until Wednesday.

Wishing all Happy Holidays. Karen, that's exciting about your brother coming.

Chally, You never cease to amaze me. Pictures, please?

I totally agree with Kim!

Angie

Now now don’t. Swell my head I won’t be able to put the condom Cather on, lol

Still hanging around.

Merry Christmas, everyone.

I read some familiar names, reinforcing hope for all.

My 3-wheel scooter get's more use than my walker, but I can still talk and two hand a glass of holiday cheer, so here's cheers to all of you!

Doing well although right leg keeps getting weaker and harder to move. Everything else works well enough for a PALS so can’t complain!
We’ve been using a transfer chair for outings for awhile which I don’t really like so stay at home if I don’t need to go. Decided to use the rollator to go to lunch with my CALS/husband this week. It was a small Indian buffet so the walking was minimal and the food great! Then enjoyed watching the scenery from the car as he ran a bunch of needed errands. Nice to get out. Merry Christmas!!!

Back