Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
DC
City
Washington
I posted part of this in another thread but part of this is new, so I'll just put both here. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide

The new part. What do reflexes have to do with ALS? I have a headache disorder and in my various trips to neuros a year ago, one of them told me I had decreased reflexes on my right side, the other two didn't notice anything. Is that a possible very early indication?

I'll post the rest of my question below, which is a repost from another post. :

Hello,

I'm new here and very scared. Basically, a year ago, I woke up with a headache and some nausea, and the headache has never gone away and likely never will. It's a rare headache disorder. Fast-forward to today, and there's one symptom from that disorder that I haven't really talked to my doctor about but will when I go up on friday. About 2-3 times a month, the world shakes around me for 10 or so minutes. As I was thinking about that last time it happened, I started to focus on my body and wonder if I had any other neurological problems. That's when I noticed that I seemed to twitch an inordinate amount. At least once every five minutes, though usually more, somewhat in my body, but usually either in my arms or legs, a muscle with twitch. That seems very excessive. Often times it's not noticeable to anyone but sometimes it causes my arm, leg, hand, or foot to move.

I have no idea how long this has been going on. I don't think I feel any weakness right now. I'm scared to death and very well realize that a rare condition can happen to me because I already have one. I was just getting my life back together as well and starting to enjoy it and now I'm terrified about having ALS. My twitches usually don't last more than a second, though one day my left quad twitched the entire day. I'm a 30 yr old male. Just wondering if my twitches seem like those associated with ALS? I know that I'm somewhat young and that just twitching is not normally associated with ALS, but like I said, I already have one rare condition, I don't see why I wouldn't have another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back