Diagnosis
07/2017
Country
US
State
California
City
fair oaks
I was just diagnosed a couple of weeks ago after 2 years of tests. I am a widow I lost my husband 2 years ago and a couple months after that my first symptom appeared. For the longest time the doctors told me I was suffering from ptsd I can barely speak now. I'm trying to keep positive its hard sometimes.

So sorry to welcome you here, but welcome anyway! There are a bunch of good folks here that will do their best to help you and share what we have learned. There is a ton of good information in the threads here and don't be bashful if you have questions, need help or just need to vent. Sending warm fuzzy's your way.

tc

So sorry to hear about the loss of your husband and your dx anniekay62. You have found a great place for information and support. Feel free to let us know how we can help. The people on this forum understand ALS and what it is to be a PALS and CALS.

Welcome to the forum, Annie. I am sorry you find yourself here. I am sure this is all very fresh and overwhelming. Please ask any questions you may have. There is a search function at the top of the forum, but you will also find many people who can help with reassurance, provide tips and answer with their own experiences. You are amongst friends.

Fiona

Very sorry to welcome you here, Annie, and for the loss of your husband. We're here whenever/however you need us. This is something you'll need to process, so don't read too much at once.

Don't beat up on yourself for not "keeping positive." You can still do the best that you can with each day you have without false cheer or false hope. What you believe is real, still is.

Best,
Laurie

Hi Annie
Sending welcoming hugs
Wendy

Glad you found us. Welcome

Greetings, anniekay62!

I'm glad you found us, here... and hope that you'll feel as warmly welcomed and right at home as I was made to feel (some 600+ posts ago). As has been said, there are many good people who participate here... to answer your questions, share their experiences or to lend an understanding ear. Again, welcome!

My best...

Jim

Hi Annie,

I'm so glad you found our forum. The people here are truly the kindest, most informed people in the world. I have learned so much here that would have taken me years to figure out.

Please post any questions, concerns, or anything else that might be weighing heavily on you.

We care.
Kim

Hi Annie
Welcome. Like it's been said before, you've found a great place.

Angie

Welcome Annie,
This forum is a great place to find out what to do next. Or to just vent!
One day at a time. It's a hell of a ride so hang on stay close we'er family now!
Love ya,don't worry
Chally

Welcome Annie

We are all here to laugh and cry with you. This is one crazy disease but the people in this community are most helpful.

Karen

Annie, I am so sorry to have to welcome you here, but welcome nonetheless.

As you have already seen, this is a wonderful community of helpful and caring folks.

Steve

Hi Annie,

Welcome, I'm also 62 and the new member to this community. It looks like we've found a wonderful group to join.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back