Depressed

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you all.

I just spent probably a couple of hrs writing to you all a letter that explained a lot of the things that are in my situation. I had finished it it was very long. I was abt to push Post. Myfinger slipped. I hit something, I don't know what...and in a flash it all vanished. I don't know what happened to it. It is gone. I give up. I am Not meaning suicide.

I have had that happen to me a few times. If you need someone to talk to private message me or let me know. I would be glad to just listen. We are all in this together and all struggle day to day. Talking to someone who understands helps. Also please reach out to your local ALS Association. They can do so many things to help you. We are here for you and I will include you in my prayers.

Thank you dearest scared wife.

Fionae,

I've had that happen to me where it all goes away. So frustrating!

We all know you weren't talking about suicide and expressing your frustration and depression helps us CALS (and former CALS understand what it really feels like inside for some pals.

I was taught a long time ago about a wonderful therapist that feelings follow thoughts, that we can only hold one thought in our mind at a time so as I began to recognize and banish the negative thoughts and replace them with gratitude thoughts my mood lifted.

Hope it works for you.

Sherry

Dear Sherry,

Thank you so much for your two notes filled with kindness. Receiving them made a real difference for me. Thank you.

I am so sorry for your loss, Sherry.

Sincerely,
Laura.

Hi Laura
It sounds as though maybe you've turned the corner?
Been thinking of you heaps.
God bless, Janelle x

Thank you, Janelle. So very much. Thank you for all of the kindnesses you've always shown me, and for thinking of me. You make such a difference to everyone here in this family of ours. I am thinking of YOU, too. Thank you! Laura.

Laura your feelings are so valid--and so heartbreaking. I hope that you have considered a low anti-depressant. That helped my husband tremendously and gave him the ability to smile again and laugh again and enjoy life. he never needed them before ALS, but afterwards he had every reason to use them.

Hugs to you from a caregiver who loved her Pals.

Dear Barbie,

Thank you. Your words mean so much to me.

I am so sorry for the loss of your dear husband. So very sorry.

Take care,
Sincerely,
Laura.

Hi Laura,

I was thinking about you today and am wondering how you are doing. I am hoping you are ok. My thoughts are with you and a warm big hug!

Yes, Laura, tell us how you're doing!

Hugs,
Sherry

Yes, please Laura, come chat with us. We're here for you!
Becky

Thank you for so much caring from all of you.
Unfortunately, I am still quite profoundly depressed. I have been taking an antidepressant, as well as antianxiety medication, for a very long time.
There are some things in my particular circumstances that add to my despair of this diagnosis. But, we all have those things that are in our lives that make the entire new world of this disease more unbearable, whether it be patient or caregiver.
I find it can be difficult for me to share a great deal about myself. I hope that at some point that I can tell you more of what is happening.
Thank you again so much for your caring.
Please help all of us, Dear Lord.

Sweetie, you share as much or little as you like. I hope having us in your corner gives some comfort

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back