00/0000
Country
US
State
IL
City
SMALL TOWN IN
Hi Everyone,
All my posts today have went to moderation. Don't know if this one will too. I had a nice visit with my dad who is 79 and has ALS. I hadn't seen him since Christmas. He actually looks better then he did at Christmas. One big problem that he is having is with his feet swelling really bad and retaining water. He also doesn't have much use of his hands anymore. But, he still is able to talk, breath, and eat pretty good. So, things could definitely be worse.
We went out to eat with my dad 3 x-s during our visit. The first was on my birthday on the 9th when we went to a restaurant called Saltgrass in Dallas. Dad had a steak that was dry and way overcooked and unfortunately started choking in the restaurant. It scared the crap out of all of us not to mention him. We were starting to do the Heimlich when he was able to cough the piece out in his napkin. Kind of put a damper on the evening for him. My brother said he has gagged a little before but nothing ever like that before. Dad has limb onset and not bulbar though. The rest of our outings he had no problems at all.
My dad got a call from the VA while I was there. They are going to give him a 20,000 grant for a van and then all the modification will be paid at 100%. So, he is excited about that.
My daughter and I got home Sunday from our visit and my two boys just flew back home this morning from visiting dad. My oldest son has a full-time summer job so he could only be off work for just a few days since he just started it. But, at least he got to see his grandpa for a short time.
Take care everyone. If you saw any post in which I seem agitated please ignore them. I have alot of personal stuff causing me to stress out sometimes about the wrong things. I have no problems with any of you on here. Kim

Kim, so glad your visit was a good one. Welcome back!

Debbie

>Take care everyone. If you saw any post in which I seem agitated please ignore them. I have alot of personal stuff causing me to stress out sometimes about the wrong things. I have no problems with any of you on here. Kim

Now now Kim :) --- first of all, welcome back :).

Hoping you are no longer stressed out!

Max

.....welcome home kim!

Attachments

19.4 KB · Views: 478
Welcome back Kim. Glad your visit went well.
Mark, why didn't you tell us you could dance

Welcome back Kim. glad you had a good time.

Mark keep em comin...I'll start calling you johnny!

Kim, you are such a good daughter!

Welcome back Kim, Tim has told me about that restaurant and how good it is. We never did get to go though. soI'll have to live vicariously through you. I'm so glad that you got to spend time with him, I know that it meant a lot to him. Tim's youngest (15) is arriving on saturday for nearly 6 weeks. He is in his teenage funk so it is going to be interesting. Take care.

Paulette

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back