Diagnosis
12/2012
Country
US
State
MI
City
Lansing
I was diagnosed in Dec 2012. By this time, I had considerable spasticity in both legs, but still walking with a walker. Now I'm in power wheelchair. I have tingling in my legs, which started concurrent with onset of symptoms, and has intensified as symptoms progress. My neurologist shrugged her shoulders when I mentioned the tingling.

Has someone else experienced this? Could I be feeling the intra-muscular fibrillations that we are not supposed to be able to feel?

How was your back before the diagnosis? Tim has a bad SI joint, and sometimes would get tingling in his right calf and foot. Stretching and ROM has helped a lot. Since he has lost core muscles his back is very unstable, and sitting in a pwc makes it worse. He changes positions frequently to give it a break.

How was your back before the diagnosis? Tim has a bad SI joint, and sometimes would get tingling in his right calf and foot. Stretching and ROM has helped a lot. Since he has lost core muscles his back is very unstable, and sitting in a pwc makes it worse. He changes positions frequently to give it a break.
My back was healthy before ALS, and so far is still healthy. Joints are good. Tingling is constant, and most intense in legs. Unchanged by twice daily ROM. I'm baffled by the tingling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back