Diagnosis
04/2012
Country
US
State
MA
City
millbury
Drs visit went well, liked what he had to say, leaning away from mnd, but in same breath as I had three drs scratching their heads , he said maybe I've got something totally new, he explained so my wife could understand, think of your nerves as wires, mine are broken, and all the insulation is burned off, I've def have something going on, he's got me scheduled for another EMG in 2 weeks .. my visit might be short here, I hope.. god bless all of you

So you have a problem with your myelin sheaths? That is pretty interesting. I don't think you'll end up here, but do let us know how it goes. In the meantime, keep trucking!

@rustfox:

There are some neurological diseases where the myelin sheath that protects the nerve cells is attacked but, they are mainly thought to be auto-immune such as M.S. and thus, treatable.

MND/ALS in the other hand, is not thought be auto-immune (well, that's as of today, it might change in the future, though) and so far, non-treatable.

I hope whatever you have can be treated and you can get well soon.

Good luck to you.

Well, spent just under 4 hrs on the table whilst they shocked and needled me, said they gave me the works.. without going thru all the results, they have leant away (yay) from ALS.. braichial plexisis, parsons tuner,, I think are the names they used.. so I will be deleting my acc.. thanks to everyone who has helped me, you are all in my prayers.. with a heavy heart a good friend of mine passed the other day from ALS, I saw him out only 5 months ago, before he told me about it, this disease knows no boundries, please all take care, do what you can while you can, may there one day be a cure... GOD BLESS

That's great, no als. Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back