Learn about ALS
Country
UK
State
Surrey
City
Epsom
Hi all,

Firstly I would like to thank all the remarkable people that manage and participate in this forum. I can only envy the strength and courage you all possess.

I have had a few worrisome symptoms over the past 6/7 weeks. Firstly I noticed widespread fasciculations ( legs, arms, torso back etc) on my body which only seem to occur 'at rest'. Initially I dismissed it as BFS and that it was caused by my anxiety, however over the last week or so it has felt like there is mucus/saliva blocking my throat and the need to swallow more often. Swallowing itself is not particularly uncomfortable/difficult. I also noticed fasciculations on my tongue when at rest. I dont seem to have any trouble talking (articulating) as such but I do have to swallow a lot and have an uncomfortable (full) sensation in my head and ears.

Apologies if this all sounds bizarre but I'd appreciate your honesty and input about what I should do. Unfortunately I can only see a doctor in a couple of weeks so any advice in the meantime would be greatly appreciated.

Best
DH

DH,

My best advice to you, is to stop looking for trouble. We are not doctors here and can only give you our opinion. Your symptoms do not sound similar to mine.

Apparently, you have done some research and know what BFS is. As for the swallowing issues, what season are you in? Is it possible that Spring is in the air and so are the allergies. And please don't say you aren't allergic because your body chemistry changes all the time.

If I were you, I would turn off the computer, stop listening to doc tor go og le and enjoy your life. Make your appointment, I know you won't be satisfied unless you do. But for sanities sake, please go in with an open mind.

Good Luck to you,

I agree with Dorothy 100%. See your doctor if you're that worried. Stay off the net for self diagnosis.

allergies and/or check vitamins B12 and D...

unless you have clinical weakness (NOT perceived, not coming and going), you probably don't have anything to worry about.

Sounds like it could be seasonal allergies. A post nasal drip would cause exactly what you are describing, tho I am not a doc. follow up with you doctor. The twitch may have no relationship to the swollowing issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back