Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
MN
City
Rochester
So, my greatest fear: I have come down with a nasty cold. I am doing everything I can to keep my PALS from getting sick. I can only imagine how awful that would be. Any advice? I use the hand sanitized as much as possible. Stay away from him as much as I can. Use gloves for tube feedings. ? Anybody?

I may not be a big help but I started giving my mom probiotics to help with her immune system I also use them w my kids the duration of their colds are shorter too. I also use them too. I too am scared to get my mom sick maybe pick up those face guards for your hubby or for yourself? Hope you get well soon!

In addition to hand sanitizer and frequent hand washing with antibacterial soap I also crack the windows every morning and spray Lysol all over the place. My husband cant touch his face and doesnt use his hands much, if he did I would be wiping his hands with antibacterial wipes. Good luck!

A surgical mask will help. OR protocol has it that when you sneeze wearing a surgical mask, faco forward so the spray goes sideways. Good you are being so aware and thoughtful.

Good luck. This has been our fear too. Eric stays on his BiPap 24/7 these days and can't use his hands, so he's been able to dodge all the germs so far... knock on wood. I'm not sure he could tolerate a surgical mask these days since his breathing is so impaired.

Sending prayers that he stays well and you get well soon. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back