How do you keep your PALS occupied

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jeff,
No way I would refuse household help! Right now, the house is winning! There is laundry everywhere. I would gladly take a topless cleaning woman if it weren't for the 15 year old. She could clean and entertain my husband at the same time! I do wish the VA approval would come through. When it does, how do I find out about services? I don't feel like our PVA service officer will let me know things like that. Unfortunately, she is the only one here. As for other services, is that related to SSDI? We are already approved, but it doesn't kick in until October.

I was talking about you not them ;)

After many months of boredom, my husband decided to dive into the stock market. He spends most of the day watching CNBC and buying and selling stock. He has become very informed and has even made a bit of money. It makes him feel like he can still contribute to the family and he is hoping to build up a bit of a college fund for the kids. I was very nervous about letting him invest any money (we surely don't have much), but I finally agreed to a very small amount. He is quite proud that he has managed to make a little bit of money in this economy. He can not speak or move much more than his head, but he can go online with eye gaze! It is the closest thing to a job that he could think of.

Add me to the stock market crew. I love CNBC,, watch it all of the time. Mixed in with fox news, and I a, set..

Okay - the 15 year old would stab his eyes out if he found me wondering the house topless!

Miss, if you are having trouble with the VA, please, please, please contact your Congressman and tell them your plight. We have fought tooth and nail for every benefit Dad has received thus far! I finally got fed up, called my Congressman, and voila - things were taken care of. I do hope you have one who is compassionate towards veterans, especially since the determination that ALS is indeed 100% service connected.

One of our state reps is a college buddy of my husband's. Maybe he could help. Hopefully, things will get settled tomorrow when I talk to the regional PVA service officer, and I won't have to pull that string.

I hope so! My Dad was diagnosed in 2006, and can you believe it almost took 3 years to finally receive benefits! Of course, at the time he was diagnosed, there were questions about service connection. It was SO frustrating! Dad spent all of the good years of his life in the Navy (30 year retiree) and he got so much grief, and had to jump through so many hoops it was disheartening!

I pray you don't encounter the same troubles...make sure to keep on them!

CC

I think it is easier now that ALS is a presumptive service related illness (as of 10/2008). I think they are just trying to make sure they don't have to retro pay anything.

They ended up back paying my Dad a ton! Boy, that was helpful too!

For the longest time they kept his disability rating at 30%....WHAT? :) Thankful to have that all behind us, and I pray all goes smoothly for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back