Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the information! Aside from three stinging injections of pain killers, it really went quite well. It is pretty sore tonight, but I guess that is to be expected. The doctor had thought that he might increase the diameter of the tube, but actually put in the same size.

So glad your belly tube went well! I should ask my doc about the painkillers. But I have so many drugs for pain it's kinda silly to ask for them.

They didn’t shoot a local anesthetic before changing the tube? That was very painful, but fairly quick. I can’t speak so it’s hard to ask what’s going on or what is going to happen. Only problem is that the tube is shorter. I have always taped the tube in a manner that stops pulling it by mistake. The tube is so short that it is difficult o do that. Lots of things to learn for sure!

I would recommend you consider a mic-key. The pros are it's very unobtrusive and less likely to catch on things, the con is the hose is smaller so if you are " eating" blended food you have to blend it very well. My wife adds extra water or broth which helps keep me hydrated so it's not really a big downside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back