Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it doesn't work, but as als is a different disease on each person maybe some of these histories about people who was "healed"(or those where the disease process was stopped) are true and their treatments didn't work for other because the disease is different on their bodies. For example, I heard some people saying drink a lot of water is good and helps slowing the progression. If you ask this to a doctor he will say that this is not true, but how can they say that if they don't even know why or how the disease works? If the blood vessels theory about als is true, then the spinal cord's blood barrier is weak on als patients and things on blood can reach this region of the body, including the toxins in our blood and other things that can cause cell death. Thinking about this possibility and knowing that one of the forms of eliminate bad things from our blood is drinking more water the scenario changes, because it could be something that could help, as our blood could be "cleaner" and less "toxin things" will reach the neurons. This is just an example, through.

God stay with you.

Thanks for your reply, nightwolf. I am sorry we got flamed... that is entirely my fault I assure you. I had no idea! The idea you posted April 28, I felt showed a fresh perspective from a spontaneous synthesis of your knowledge as a computer engineer, and some fringe ideas about ALS. Great stuff! However, I fear I will be "handed my hat" if I post again here on this thread. I have two interesting thoughts, and one observation relating to your original idea. If you wish to talk about this more, choose another place, and I will meet you there.

Jerome and nightwolf -- please don't go anywhere else with your conversation! i would be very interested to read your theories, even though i might not fully understand them or be able to evaluate them from a scientific standpoint.

however, nightwolf has a good point about doctor's saying certain approaches to combating the disease can't help when they don't yet understand the cause and mechanics of the disease. for example, neuro #1 went as far as to say vitamin and mineral supplements were "boloney." neuro #2 said "alternative therapies aren't validated by science and therefore don't come recommended." while we're on the subject, i was going to take mum to a faith healer, but once he heard she had MND he hung up the receiver! Obviously that guy was more attuned to the Bank of Ireland than the spiritual realm, so I'm actually glad he didn't want to take us on.

Taser

My brother Neal has a Taser gun. Last week we thought about giving Tim a jolt. That maybe what what it will take. I haven't got the nerve up yet!

Lorie

Lorie....Yikes!
Look, there have been some modest claims of partial success applying 9 volts to the skin of subjects for short periods for cognigative enhancement, treating MS, spinal cord and other injuries (lacking full rigour, these claims must all be viewed as somewhat questionable) 9 volts is quite subtle, you can barely feel it on your skin. People commonly check 9 volt batteries with the "tongue test"
On the other hand, Tasers put out somewhere between 20,000 and 50,000 volts UNDER THE SKIN...for the express purpose of paralysing the subject.....with everything else they have going on, this might kill a person with ALS.

Be patient, maybe nightwolf will have some sort of scientific epiphany.

first of all, i'm a computer scientist. Maybe what i'll write here is something crazy, but it is a clue that i have some days ago. I was looking on internet about histories of people who was healed from als. I found a history about a guy who was healed from als. Reading his history i've found that he used a wet cell battery. I don't know if his story is true or not but it made me thought about something that is interesting. When for example the human body is on the space, some of muscles athrophy because the body detect that they are not more necessary, as the gravity is less. I work as a computer programmer and some programmes follow the same rule. There are some programs that connects with other programs and there as some strategies to maintain this communication. One of them is the two programs connected send signals to each other to say that they are still there, like a "hello, i'm there" message. These messages are shared time to time, for example in each 30 seconds the program send the message. There are other strategies to cut off the communication. One of them is if the program
doesn't send a message to the other program for a period of time the communication is finished because the system assumes that the other side is not interested in maintain the communication. Maybe in als not only the motor neurons die because chemical factors. Maybe there is some kind of "message" that the muscle send to the like the "hello, i'm there" message and for some reason this message is not send anymore, so the brain assume that this communication is not more necessary, like what happens on the space. Or maybe i'm just crazy to think about something like this :)
unfortunatelly i don't have medical or biological backgroung to investigate this possibility. I wish i had...
I just wanted to share my crazy idea.

God stay with you.

if anyone is cured of als .they didny have it in the first place. Stick to computers.
Pat 1

lol ..not true....a certain percentage stabilize and conditions reverse.So there lol

Sorry about this post. I didn't have the intention of hurting anyone. It was just a guess like the title said. As I said before I am a computer scientist and probably I will get my diagnosis soon so I was thinking about try to make some research about the disease in terms of how can I help all these people while I still can. Before the start of my symptoms I hadn't heard about ALS, unfortunately. I did some research in my area but for another kind of disease that is common with children in Brazil. As a researcher I wish I had known about als before because I would direct my research in this disease instead of the other. I don't know if I will have time to learn other things I had to know to help, specially now that I am loosing my independence, so I just wanted to share my ideas but I think I did in the wrong place. I will try to continue my research until I have no more physical conditions to do. If I could find something helpful I will share it with you. If someone would like to talk to me about this please send me private messages.

God stay with you.

I just never heard anyone cured or symptoms stabized for any length of time AND SURELY DONT REVERSE but if you think you can find something then go ahead
pat

lol ..not true....a certain percentage stabilize and conditions reverse.So there lol

I would love you to share with us some of these success stories.

its not a success story or a "thing' for a cure.It's a fact that some people stabilize and some the symptoms reverse.Noone knows why.I'm sure there are many miracles you could say out there and spontanious reversal.So,there doesnt have to be an explanation for everything.
J

Thankyou nightwolf...just proved my point.Miracles/things happen.There are many more like this too.
James

Myself,I have weak arms hands and speech is bad but I am expecting a full recovery through the grace of God along with a scientfic discovery soon.Have a little faith it will change the world.
James

Hi Nightwolf,
Just an FYI: The technology you described (thought to speech) is called The Audeo. If you use the search function, we talked about it a while ago and it's completely mind-blowing-amazing stuff! The link to their web site is there too :)

Keep up those innovative thoughts, share them here, and you should also consider the ALSTDI.
Take care,
Suzann

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back