Diagnosis
05/2012
Country
BR
State
SP
City
Gru
First of all, I'm a computer scientist. Maybe what I'll write here is something crazy, but it is a clue that I have some days ago. I was looking on internet about histories of people who was healed from ALS. I found a history about a guy who was healed from ALS. Reading his history I've found that he used a wet cell battery. I don't know if his story is true or not but it made me thought about something that is interesting. When for example the human body is on the space, some of muscles athrophy because the body detect that they are not more necessary, as the gravity is less. I work as a computer programmer and some programmes follow the same rule. There are some programs that connects with other programs and there as some strategies to maintain this communication. One of them is the two programs connected send signals to each other to say that they are still there, like a "hello, I'm there" message. These messages are shared time to time, for example in each 30 seconds the program send the message. There are other strategies to cut off the communication. One of them is if the program
doesn't send a message to the other program for a period of time the communication is finished because the system assumes that the other side is not interested in maintain the communication. Maybe in ALS not only the motor neurons die because chemical factors. Maybe there is some kind of "message" that the muscle send to the like the "hello, I'm there" message and for some reason this message is not send anymore, so the brain assume that this communication is not more necessary, like what happens on the space. Or maybe I'm just crazy to think about something like this :)
Unfortunatelly I don't have medical or biological backgroung to investigate this possibility. I wish I had...
I just wanted to share my crazy idea.

God stay with you.

Hello Nightwolf,

That's an interesting theory, and as much as I wish it were true.....nobody in the history of ALS has ever been healed. :sad:

Yes, I know, tha only ones who was healed probably didn't really have the disease,
but another condition with similar symptoms. And there are those who was healed
by God's miracle. Unfortunately there is no cure yet.

nightwolf....I know exactly what you are talking about. These "check-in" messages are also used in robotics. I think they are essential in controlling multiple robot servo functions on a single information "party line". Depending on the code, failure to answer will delete that servo function. No more motion signals will be sent to it until the matter is resolved. So this is all very interesting... do you have any details of what voltage he applied? where?

No, unfortunately I don't have any idea about the voltage :) I just had this "crazy" idea because of my computer background. I wish I had how to prove this and open the connection again.

God stay with you.

nightwolf....what interests me about this is that the feedback signal from the muscle (were it to exist) need not be fast...minutes, hours, perhaps even days would still probably be adequate for culling "rogue" muscle cells faster than they occur. This would leave open a large realm of possibility. Back to my question from yesterday, you say you found, online, info about a person who used a "wet cell" battery in his treatment of ALS...even if it was perhaps fake, please, could you tell me where you found this, or give me a clue where I could find it. I would like to find any details available.

Your theory of neurons not communicating back, I believe has been discussed on ALSTDI forum. Researchers have theorized about this. Maybe it's actually the muscle involvement and not just the neurons.

You geeks need to go to that forum. Y'all will fit right in! :)

hello.. this theory is very interesting -- although i'm not sure i totally understand it as i'm not a scientist of any description. you might do well to post this over on the als. net forums, nightwolf as there are lots of scientists and people who understand the biology of ALS a great deal.

omg jimercat.... i literally just posted my message and discovered yours above me saying basically the same thing! how odd!

Great minds think a like, but maybe not scientifically! LOL

Alright ... a geek thread ! I fit right in.

Wouldn't it be neat to give the brain a different gateway with which to communicate with the muscles.

Nightwolf; could you please answer my question of April 30............. Pretty Please............. [['[[ As your reward, I will tell you how to solve the square root of negative one using a partial differential equation....LOL ]]]]

I think I can't put the link here, I tried before and it was removed, but if you go to google and put the words wet cell als the first link will redirect you to the web site. I wasn't here these days so I couldn't answer before, sorry. And I am waiting for the equation answer. Probably I saw this at the university but unfortunately I couldn't remember :)
I'm really sad because I'm a scientist and with all the knowledge I've got I can't help to find a cure to this disease :(
About the possibility of get the signals and retransmit to the muscles I really think it will be possible on the future. There is a research going on about a device that intercept the brain signals used when we say a word and send these signals to a computer that "says" the word to you. I saw a video about this technology on youtube but I don't remember the keyword to find it again. The guy who showed the device said it it being developed to help people with als, so I think the same technology will be available to the muscles but unfortunately this will not happen soon. I don't think this is a crazy idea because even when the muscles are dead if whe use stimulation they move so I think the key is understand the signals that brain send to muscles and how to catch these signals and transmit them again but in a artificial way, as it will happen with the voice device.

God stay with you.

The Edgar Caycee wet cell treatment was discussed here a while back and we came to the conclusion that it was far cheaper and as effective to go out to the garage, hook up your jumper cables to the car battery and then your testicles. Then have a friend start the car. It won't cure ALS but might jolt some common sense into you.

AL.

The Edgar Caycee wet cell treatment was discussed here a while back and we came to the conclusion that it was far cheaper and as effective to go out to the garage, hook up your jumper cables to the car battery and then your testicles. Then have a friend start the car. It won't cure ALS but might jolt some common sense into you.

AL.

...classic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back