Diagnosis
07/2007
Country
CA
State
BC
City
Vancouver
Al I want you know how much I appreciate all of what you write here on the forum. You are always honest and helpful. I believe in the "kick in the butt" school when people are off track and that is something you do only when it is called for. I know you have had a rough couple of days dealing with some issues so I just want you to know that I think you are a great guy and you handle those situations very well. I frequently tell my friends about you and describe you as a true hero.
Laurel

I agree. Kudos for AL !

Three cheers for AL!

AL, thanks for your frankness, honesty and humor. You're one in a million. :D

I'm wondering if we can thank Al by means of using the rating function this forum features, to rate the quality of the thread as well as for the person that wrote it (the reputation feature) instead of everyone responding to the types of threads that most likely inspired Laurel to start this one.

Al knows he's got our back, he knows why he does it, and I think its wonderful to let him know we appreciate him (Al, I appreciate you! you are a dear friend)

BUT

I keep thinking what an effort (physically) it is for Al to have to scroll down through the many responses when a negative, non productive thread gets rolling. (Like Jeff said, don't feed the trolls).

If we could keep those types of posts from growing, by refusing to respond, not only would it save Al a lot of work, but the thread will disappear from the front pages of the forum website and into obscurity.

*also, if you are the author of a thread that goes bad (you started it, regardless of original subject, and it gets ugly, or stupid) you have the option to close that thread, you don't need to wait for Al or Cindy to do it.

Al has such a good heart, and I know there are many times when his first impulse is to close a thread or remove a post, but he doesn't want to put someone off that is hurting just because they've expressed themselves in an inappropriate fashion. To me, he has way more patience than he need have.

Al, I want to thank you by: Not using the "quote" feature when its not needed.

By rating threads and adding to positive/negative reputation of those that post,

And by refusing to be drawn into discussions that would be best to left to sift down and be forgotten.

:arrow:....I also pledge to continue sharing the "good" jokes via email :cool:

Last edited:
Rose~that is a great idea. Al is an amazing person (so are you) and I have to see where the rating function is and try that. Blessings to all of you!

Rose

I tried to add to your reputation, but it said I had to spread the love around before adding to you again, I must really like what you say.

Renee

Rose, thank for your ideas and words of advice. They are certainly things that we all can and should do to keep us all well behaved. As a relative newcomer I was unaware of all of the rating and reputation features but I'm going to check them out. I know that I sometimes tend to jump in with both feet especially to stick up for a friend like Al.

Al, keep up the good work and we'll try to not make too much of it.

Barry

Al-
You are the greatest! Thanks for looking out for us in our huge forum family!
-brenda

Al, thanks for all you do! It does not go unnoticed and is much appreciated by all of us! Almost....LOL.

Al, just getting caught up on everything. I think what you do here is terrific and am sorry you have to deal with certain issues that must make you wonder why do you bother...I will follow Rose's excellent advice and Jeff's great reminder, "don't feed the trolls" (as hard as it is) :sad:

Lydia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back