09/2017
Country
HR
State
Croatia
City
ZAGREB
hello,
i read some experts MEDICAL examinations which tell that nothing happened combining rilutek and hgh.
that is the point.
i dont want to use one way ticket called rilutek/riluzol, but i will use hgh only.
nothing to lose.
als diagnosed 09/17.
hardly walk is the only problem by now. emng is catastrophe.
im from europe, croatia.
regards

Experts? What experts? Do you have research articles to post from respected medical journals? If so please share. There is much posted on the web by self proclaimed experts that has no real scientific evidence.

I am sorry you have ALS and I am sorry riluzole is of very limited benefit but we all need to read and evaluate very carefully. There is much on the web that is useless and often dangerous and there are people who will take advsntage of desperate PALS

Experts? What experts? Do you have research articles to post from respected medical journals? If so please share. There is much posted on the web by self proclaimed experts that has no real scientific evidence.

I am sorry you have ALS and I am sorry riluzole is of very limited benefit but we all need to read and evaluate very carefully. There is much on the web that is useless and often dangerous and there are people who will take advsntage of desperate PALS

i found it competent. there are some similar. if you disagree, please explain with any comment.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21706151

Taken from that abstract
No significant difference was noted between treated and placebo group.
And
The results show that GH exerted no effect on cerebral NAA or clinical progression assessed by ALSFRS-R.

It appears that there were changes in things like insulin resistance but nothing I see shows any effect on anything known to be associated with ALS progression. There was some hope related to mouse model results but it has not carried through the human trials. There are, unfortunately, a lot of things that have helped mice and not us

Taken from that abstract
No significant difference was noted between treated and placebo group.
And
The results show that GH exerted no effect on cerebral NAA or clinical progression assessed by ALSFRS-R.

It appears that there were changes in things like insulin resistance but nothing I see shows any effect on anything known to be associated with ALS progression. There was some hope related to mouse model results but it has not carried through the human trials. There are, unfortunately, a lot of things that have helped mice and not us
I wasnt clear obviously:
"The aim of this study is to determine if ADD-ON OF GH TO RILUZOLE, with an individually regulated dose based on Insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-I) production, was able to reduce neuronal loss in the motor cortex, reduce mortality, and improve motor function of ALS patients.
I meant usage HGH instead of riluzole. Riluzole is a one way ticket! Avoid if you can. My opinion. I'm not expert. Mechanism of myelin repair is most important. ALS is not autoimune illness, so organism is tilted just like pinball machine and it thinks that myelin attacks body. ALS is a product of oxidative stress (quality, not strenghth of stress), hence there young people more&more affected. Most important thing is to stop demyelinisation!

You have not produced any evidence that HGH used separately is of benefit. There are clinical studies supporting a weak benefit with riluzole. You may chose not to take it. I have taken it for 3.5 years. We don't know what causes sALS for sure and I believe it is multifactorial. Reducing oxidative stress is not a bad goal

aLS is not primarily demyelinating. It kills the motor neurons themselves. There is evidence that there is probably damage to the oligodendrocytes but to say the most important thing is to stop demyelination is again not supported by current evidence

Human growth hormone is not a benign drug when given for reasons other than growth hormone deficiency in children. When given to adults with normal growth hormone levels, it can cause heart problems. We see this in acromegaly which is caused by a tumor that secretes growth hormone. I know of no reliable evidence that it would protect against motor neuron destruction in ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back