Diagnosis
07/2014
Country
US
State
CO
City
Vail
I had my regularly scheduled appointment with my pulmonologist today.

My FVC was 30%. Now, most folks would think that sucks. I, on the other hand, think it is wonderful news.

My first PFT showed an FVC in the mid 60% range. From there, it dropped pretty much linearly over time to about 30%.

The Good News is that the FVC has held steady at about 30% for about the last year.

Many folks would not appreciate just how good of news that is, but I know my friends here will.

So, celebrate with me as we ring in the new year.

My FVC is 30%:)

Steve

Duly celebrated, Steve!

Hooray, let's stay at 30% for a very long time Steve!

It was only bad news when it dropped to 30% at first, staying there is great news :)

Tillie

I love your way of thinking!
Audrey

Great news Steve. Happy New Year!

I raise my glass to you.
Vincent

Steve, in the midst of all this to find a blessing in non-progression is awesome!
God bless, Janelle x

I love it when people are "half full" type people, stay positive.
Love Gem

Hope you stay on that plateau. Happy New Year.

Bill

Good news indeed. Congratulations! May you be making the same report for many more visits!

Thank you, Steve, for sharing that good news. You're right--we do understand the awesomeness of stable numbers! Happy New Year!

Love it, Steve. May you stay there for a long time!

Sherry

Thank you Steve for telling us about your wonderful news...

And, for the insight and wisdom you share with us!

You are such an inspiration to me!

Happy New Year Wishes,
Laura.

Glad to hear your breathing is holding steady. Your outlook of "the glass half full" is inspiring. How much time do you spend on the BiPap?
Happy New Year, Steve.
Charlene

Charlene,

Believe it or not, I don't use a BiPap yet. We inquired about it, but were told that since my CO2 is still in the normal range one is not necessary and insurance will not pay for it.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back