09/2015
Country
US
State
NC
City
Clemmons
Hello All,

Updated my status on here today, my husband was diagnosed on 9/24/15. Life feels so different. Nothing will ever be the same.

I have a wonderful FT job that I have been at for over 11 years, and everyone has been really supportive. But, I did decide to get a PT job for roughly about 6 months, so we can pay off a couple credit cards, so there is one less thing to have to think about.

This PT job is turning into another FT job though with the hours, and will again ask them not to give me so many hours.

But, today is my husband's last say at work. He did not want to quit, wanted to wait until the last minute. His job is active, and he just can't sit down, and even working PT was beginning to be just to much.

He is sad he has to quit, and I am sad for him. Just another realization that ALS is happening here, to us, to him.

I don't really have anything specific to say right now. I thought I would take a little break from work and come on here to say hi.

Will talk soon- Michelle

welcome to the forum Michelle,

so sorry you are here. we will support you and help you as much as possible. make sure your husband applies for SSDI right away now that he has quit his job. and maybe he would like to get on the form as a Pals. lots of good people here.

Barbie

Yes, your lives are forever changed- but you will find some of the changes good. I.e. -you realize that in the scope of things the small things you might have argued about pre-ALS, are NOTHING compared to this monster. Our two years of living with this were so harmonious, and we both remembered to express gratitude for each other and the blessings in our life, and to take each moment to live and love. We knew what the ending would be and it changed our focus from taking things for granted to appreciating every day. We are here is you need us and truly understand. Donna

Good to see you start your own thread and post about these changes and losses in your lives.

There is lots of support here, and we know the journey xx

Michelle,

Lots of changes in a short time and I'm glad you shared them with us. This forum was my lifesaver as we went thru the journey.

Come back soon.
Sherry

Welcome, Michelle.

Jim

Welcome Michelle. I know how you feel with the changes. It seems that something in your life changes on a daily basis but I have to say that amongst all the terrible changes there have been blessings. Take one day at a time and prepare what you can as some of the stuff he will need takes a while.

It's good to see you here, Michelle. Talking, or writing in this case, things out to people who understand does help. The changes just don't seem to stop. I hope we can help you along this journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back