Other
Country
US
State
Mi
City
Midland
Hello guys my name Is chiffon.

I am new to the forum and just want to see if my symptoms I have been having sound like ALS/MND. As of right now I have twitching all over my body. Some days are worse then others. My legs at times feel real tired but I have enough strength to walk. I can walk up stairs easy and also walk on my toes and heals. I'm on my feet at work at night I work 3rd shift so I don't average much sleep.

Some days my legs feel like there walking threw water. When I am real sleepy my legs feel like lead then I regain my strength. On top of that I have burning sensation in my skin on my legs at times. When I drink Beer it makes feel a lot worse in my legs. I cant put on shoes that don't have a heal in them. My legs get tired when I stand on them for more 5 minutes. It feels weird to walk like I am uncoordinated. I ask people to watch me walk and they say I walk just fine?. Two weeks ago my lower right leg went numb with tingling feeling in toes. The next day my left lower leg did the same thing. Those symptoms cleared up the next day. I am not sure if this helps? I am 6/3 315 pounds....obese. I have high blood pressure and I was off my meds for a few months. I went to the doctor for the first time this week .
she tested my leg strength and she feeling like they are very strong. I think I have perceived weakness. My legs ache from my calves to my buttocks at times. it just l feel like a egg on stilts. I can still sprint if I have to so I am not sure what's going on. when I stand up to use the bathroom I feel like I am going to fall backwards? I sway when I am standing an close my eyes. IN a nutshell my legs feel tired/fatigued when walking ...some days worse then others but its always there.
I naturally have skinny legs and constantly measure them. I feel like I am losing it guys

No disrespect to the people here. I hope you guys can help

at time I have pins and needles sensation but its rare. It happens like once a week

Hi,Chiffon.

No ALS there.

You described a lot of sensory feelings: your legs feel weak, feel sluggish, feel tingling. etc. ALS doesn't do that. You can walk on your heels and toes and the doctor says your legs are strong. ALS wouldn't let you do that.

In ALS, the motor nerves in your brain get destroyed, so they can't send signals to your muscles. So the muscle stays limp and useless. There is no feeling of any kind--you just can't move the muscle.

You don't have that. Ask your doctor to investigate whatever you have, but be assured it isn't ALS.

-Mike

Thank you and God bless you mike. I hope me and my PCP figure it out soon

I did go see my GP and had blood work..my CPK is elevated to 331 And my vitamin D level was low. I can still walk and climb up stairs and walk on my toes. Still able to walk on my heals. I think I may have to start living life and stay off the web sorry guys

Good luck Chiffon. You're doing the best thing by staying away form ALS sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back