Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
NY
City
New York
Very concerned and would love any feedback/thoughts regardless of what they are.

About a month ago I felt a lack of sensation in my left arm. Not numbness or tingling but just that it felt different. Almost like I had just been to a work out and it was exhausted from my elbow to my hand. That feeling has been pretty constant (though absent some days) and specifically in my bicep and pinky. About two weeks after it started it went to my left leg specifically in the pinky toe and in the quad and bicep.

I've seen two neurologists both of which have said I have no strength issues (I feel the same amount strength wise in each side) and no reflex issues and the MRI came back normal. I feel a little bit odd as of yesterday in my left lip.

It doesnt feel like a lack of strength. If I went to the gym or did any exercise of that nature I feel fine. But in spare time hanging around when muscles arent engaged it is almost a sinking/heavy feeling. On top of it I have always been VERY tight in my muscles which is making my anxiety worse. Any thoughts, ideas, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Also worth noting in my left hand - i do get minor shaking when i am not engaging the muscle (for instance when i open my hand and try and extend all my fingers for a bit).

Nothing you said sounds remotely like ALS. I am not a doctor, but two neuros have indicated you have no clinical weakness. No clinical weakness alone means no ALS. Work on your anxiety and try to enjoy your life as best as possible.

Thanks for the post earlier as it certainly calmed a lot of my anxiety but things seem to have been getting worse.

The past week i've had fasciulations all over my body - mainly in both legs. My left leg is getting noticeably more exhausted after climbing stairs or something of that nature. The odd feeling that was in the left side that started in my left hand is now in my right. It feels in a sense a bizarre precursor to weakness. For actual weakness is there initial feeling or it just pops up out of nowhere?

Sorry for the questions - but even working with the anxiety which has gone well symptoms have gotten worse.

There is a sticky titled PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING.
In that sticky you'll find that your numbness and 'odd feeling' has nothing to do with ALS.
ALS is a disease of the motor neurons, not the sensory ones.

Twitching is common. Normal people twitch. It doesn't matter how much.

Two neuros have cleared you.

Work on your anxiety: you don't belong here. Lucky you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back