Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
PH
State
CAR
City
Baguio
Hi! its nearly been 2 months since my last post and 3 repeat MRIs which came back normal,except for the spine which revealed dry disks but they said its not related to my symptoms, my doctors still have no definite diagnosis in mind, I still have that left sided palate paralysis,and a very very stiff left trapezius and SCM muscle, right side of tongue feels heavy but thankfully palate on the right has not dropped yet,no slurring of speech, the difficulty of swallowing is still same subjectively and 3 weeks after the palate dropped, i had what my doctors called "palate myoclonus" the secondary one,the palate upon viewing is slightly twitching but even if i close my mouth you could feel the tremors of the palate muscles vibrating very finely and I also developed body wide twitching. :cry: but still no weakness of the extremities, stiffness is still confined above the neck

Anyway , i am scheduled for my EMG tomorrow finally,i would just like to ask if the EMG would be able to pick up any lower motor problems even if it is bulbar especially when the twitching is present, thank you

Sigmund, it sounds to me like you've definitely got something going on, but after reading all your posts, I don't see anything that sounds like ALS. I hope a bulbar expert and an EMG expert come along to give details, but in my several years experience on this board, I just don't see a terminal illness in your future.

Just remember a few things: A neurologist can pick up both UMN and LMN signs. ALS (nerve destruction) doesn't come and go. Twitches can be anything or nothing at all.

Enjoy Baguio.

Thank you atsugi :) , avoided the forum for some time,since too much info while awaiting a diagnosis( and being told that nothing can be done but observation and muscle relaxants) can compound my anxiety, and the anxiety can be really hard on my wife and 3 year old kid, ill return after I get my EMG results, thank you again! :)

EMG came back clean, :) they tested all other muscles except the palate because they cant reach it and I might bleed, tested the jaw,tongue,face,SCM and trapezius all came back normal as said by the neuro :), they still have no idea what I have though

Well good luck. Your answer isn't here.

A clean EMG is great news. Best of luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back