Learn about ALS
Country
HK
State
HK
City
Hong Kong
Dear All,

First of all i would like to say that im extremely grateful to all the folks on here especially the people who have been Diagnosed with ALS who take the time out to answer back to people like me who are concerned about their symptoms, you really inspire us and you are always in my prayers.

That being said i am a bit concerned regarding some symptoms that i have been experiencing, it started off as a feeling of weakness in various parts of my body, followed by muscle stiffness and discomfort, soreness in the joints and other muscles, there has also been a fair amount of twitching in various parts of my body, lately in specific alot of twitching around my shoulder and knee some of which is visible and some not, i also get shaky hands, arms and feet and feel as if i get twitches inside tho they are not visible, i do see tremors on my pink and ring finger at times tho, i have also been experiencing some tingling and numbness in my tongue ( a feeling as if you drink something really hot and burn some part of your tongue ), i checked my tongue and found that it is a bit shaky as well at times but i dont have much slurring as yet, i do however feel that my swallowing isnt as good as it used to be , i have had some trouble concentrating and trouble sleeping at night as well.

A few more important points are that i haven't noticed any muscle wasting as yet, the pain comes and goes in various parts of the body, especially areas such as the knees or feet or hands, i haven;t had any issues with my grip or holding items, writing etc..

This has been going on for a while due to which i have seen a few doctors and done various test, that they usually recommend such as MRI of the Brain, Blood work( ANA etc) and lastly the EMG and NCS, they all didn't show anything abnormal, that was done about 2 months back.

That being said i know hundred if not Thousands of people on here have asked this question, but do my symtoms sound like ALS/MND ?

Thank you so much in advance for any answers , God bless you all

Des not sound like ALS ad the EMG confirms it.

Thanks for your reply Dusty, I have one question though , So usually if your symptoms are already present even on a smaller scale and you have an EMG done and its clean, it rules out ALS ?

The EMG sees nerve damage before it shows up in overt symptoms. You don't have ALS.

Thanks for your reply Atsugi ! I really appreciate all your feedback and help guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back