Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
CA
City
San Diego
Hi guys,

I just wanted to ask a question regarding twitching. Is ALS twitching usually localized to one area, or is it randomly all over? I know many things can cause twitching, ALS being one of the most unlikely causes, but it is a possibility. I have been having twitching in one eyes, stomach area, legs, back, and the weirdest one yet is the feet. Also, I don't have a hard time holding things, but i do have stiff feeling hands. Someone i was speaking to said their friend had the same symptoms for 2 1/2 years, and it ended up being ALS. I am not dismissing her, but i am wondering if this was somehow misdiagnosed. From my understanding, could this go on for 2 1/2 years and be the only symptoms with no body parts starting to stop working? I don't know much about this, but from what i have read most live 2-5 years, but can live longer in extreme cases.

Sounds like subconscious reactions to stress.

I have perhaps exactly the same kind of twitches you described, and I'm totally healthy with no ALS.

Stiffness is the opposite of ALS. ALS muscles are limp.

That is comforting. Thank you for the reply. Do you think he was misdiagnosed? It seems a long time to live with ALS and have no other symptoms other than twitching? Or am i wrong?

Can't really say. ALS affects people differently at different rates, but it is usual to lose the use of your arms or legs fairly soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back