Not open for further replies.

ShadowJason

Country
US
State
Oregon
City
gresham
I came to this site two years ago with a jacked up EMG with diffuse Fibs and PSW and fasiculations.

I was convinced based on the clinical information that I had ALS, but I am still here and my condition is still around with no change. I was supposed to have a muscle biopsy but could not afford it so I just resigned myself to my self imposed fate. Now there is something very wrong with me however based on the elapsed time I think ALS is not likely as also mentioned by people who commented on the previous post. I guess my point is that even if you have a clinical picture like mine dont freak out like I did and spend endless hours worrying about it. I now have insurance so I am going to pursue the problem again and find out whats wrong finally. SO the message is to just relax and take a deep breath!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I've started with dyspahgia & muscle twitches in 2011 & i can still walk and do everything "normal". However, my emg showed decreased nerve conduction velocity. I am freaking out right now but like you said we should have more obvious signs by now.. Right? I'm still scared because I've read that some people have symptoms for years before being diagnosd with ALS.

Hang in there and I hope you can get an answer soon. I'm going to an ALS clinic on July 31st

now is a good time to check out life insurance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back