Come for tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,
What are you all doing this weekend? I am working and then working some more. I am going into overtime this week. Got called in two hours earlier this morning by the nursing supervisior because my co-workers voice was going out. I'm working again tomorrow too. Don't want too but I there is nobody else to do it.
I would like to go see a movie tonight after work but nothing really good is playing. I made the mistake of doing a little drinking last night and my head is paying for it today. I have been so down lately. Take care, Kim

>I made the mistake of doing a little drinking last night and my head is paying for it today. I have been so down lately. Take care, Kim

drinking is good ...

down is bad and unecessary ...

Do take car kim :)

ALS will not kikk us ... betrayal will.

Graduation last night and a bbq today. All done and a success. Too much food. No need to cook for the weekend. Lots of left overs. Have a safe and happy weekend.

That sounds like a fun time Vicki! Have you been camping or fishing lately? I have been working so much I haven't been out any in the nice weather. I think it would do me a world of good if I did. I am looking forward to a 10 day vacation from work starting June 7th thru the 17th. I plan on just visiting with my dad, going shopping, out to eat, to the movies, and just lounging around my brother's pool. I just need a break to clear my head for awhile.

We have been fishing a couple times. We haven't had time with graduation and a inspection at my husbands work. We are going camping Next weekend. I am so ready for some simple relaxation.

I hope the weather is good. We didn't get one of our favorites campsites but we have used this one before and I don't care...it's camping. Then I have to get ready for the GRANDBABIES ! I am so excited. It has been a year since I got to get my hands on them.

Hi Everyone,
I went to church today before work. I am kind of private about my religion. But, today it was if I was the only person in the whole entire church and the sermon was directed right at me. I have been on my own private pity party lately. The biggest part is I've been feeling pretty lonely to be honest. I don't know how to describe it but I felt more at peace being in church today. Sometimes, I go just out of what I feel is my moral obligation and just go through the motions of being there. But, I decided that I'm tired of feeling sorry for myself. It doesn't get me anywhere. So, I'm going to try to be more positive. I'm get psych up about my upcoming visit with my dad. Dad and I are hoping some good movies are playing that we can go to while were there. Kim

>But, I decided that I'm tired of feeling sorry for myself

that makes two uf us ...

I am anxiously waiting for it to be 6pm so I can get off work. I went out to eat last night at a pizza place with our youngest Eric who is 10 and my daughter Julie who's 16. I took my daughter out for breakfast this morning before work at Denny's. She actually talked and stayed off the cell phone for a change. lol

We had planned to BBQ, but we got blessed with rain instead. So I watched movies on Netflix and took lots of naps. Last week wore me out. Having today off was good. Jumping back into school for 2 1/2 days with kids and faculty breakfast on Friday.

>but we got blessed with rain instead.

I think we got 10" here ...

Boy, it is weird how life works sometimes. I went to a funeral today of my first-cousin's husband. Naturally, not something fun to do. But, what is ironic is the fact that she has battled stage 4 cancer of the esophagus and instead of being the one to pass her husband did. We all were so worried about her and then he developed a lung condition and passed within months. We just don't know if life what is going to happen. We just got to live each day too the fullest. I need to remember that at times.
The twins are pretty much done with school for the year except for a few exams. My daughter wanted me to call and talk to her math teacher. Actually, she wanted me to tell her where to go. I refused to even call the teacher and told me daughter she needs to grow up and take responsibility for her own problems and that mom can't come to the rescue on everything. I told her if she has a issue to talk to her teacher in a calm matter herself. She listened to me and had a constructive conversation with the teacher. It's so hard for me to sit back and let the kids fight their own fires but I'm learning. lol
Glad the forums is back up. I will be on tomorrow quite a bit. I'll bring my i-pad to work. I'm working noon-6pm and then come back tomorrow evening and working midnite to 6 a.m. on Friday. Anybody, on then say Hi to me. Kim

Kim, glad that your daughter handled that herself and I am sure she felt better about it after but it was easier for her to ask you to do it.

Dana

Hi Dana, Kim and everyone else. Hope you all are having a great day. I have been sitting with the heat pad. My gout is acting up and my dr put me on steroids for 4 days. My joints are screaming in pain. Ugh. I had a terrible nights sleep. My neuro told me to take melatonin and it has really done the trick except now for the steroids.

Oh well it is only 4 days. It is terribly humid today. We have had 2 bouts of rain today lasting about 5 minutes each time. But it poured hard. Now the sun is out again.

I have 1 and a half books left to reread in Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series. June 10th the new one comes out. I am so excited, it has been 3 years since the last one and she left everything hanging. It was terrible of her to do that. Then on top of it all having to wait 3 years to see what happens next.

>Diana Gabaldon's Outlander

thanks I just ordered the seven book set:)

You are going to love it. It is full of history, romance, war and blood and guts. They are outstanding.I just loaned book 2 and 3 to my niece. She had read the first one and loved it and knew I have the set.

I ordered them in hardcover. This is my 3rd time reading them. I have burned dinner a few times because I am buried in onw of the books. OOPS ! :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back