Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
MA
City
Boston
Hi All,

I'm a 20 year old Caucasian male who has recently been concerned with ALS. About a month ago I noticed upon waking up that both of my legs were very heavy. At first I didn't think much of it, but eventually I grew concerned and turned to the internet. That's when I first started to worry about ALS. Since then I have noticed that my body is twitching very frequently. Also my left calf cramped up about a week after noticing the symptoms. The cramp has since subsided but the weakness in my legs have remained partially there. My coordination also has gotten slightly worse. Because of these symptoms I went to the doctors, my blood test came back with nothing revealing and I was scheduled for an EMG test. In the week it took before I could take the test, I noticed that most of my symptoms went away. Because of this, when it came time for the test, my neurologist felt that having the test would not help with anything. Now I am back at college and have noticed that some of my symptoms have started returning. Walking up and down stairs has become increasingly difficult. Also I have been having whole body twitching with more of an emphasis on my left leg. Other symptoms I've noticed have been fatigue and digestive problems. I do realize that the stress of possibly having the disease can sometimes cause symptoms more extreme than the disease itself and anxiety could be a major contributor, but the more I look up the symptoms, the more I feel like I have ALS. I am planning on trying to go through an EMG test in the near future to finally put my mind at ease. Please let me know if any of this sounds like ALS

I'm terribly concerned. I think that like most of us here you are on borrowed time. My advice is to find a person who posts on here as a 20 y.o. black male and hit him up for some answers.

A virtual epidemic of 20 year olds with the same onset of symptoms...OMG...hide the children. Bury the silver.

Virtual epidemic - love it!

Wow...spot on me. I don't feel so alone

If you guys are wondering this isn't me. Totally unrelated, but as those on here have told me, get a gp to give you a clinical nd bloodwork checkup, and see neuro if recommended

(Reading Comprehension... the ability to read text, process it and understand its meaning.) You being a college student you really need a refresher course in Reading Comprehension. To believe you have ALS without being seen by a neurologist, which most Med web sites state only a neurologist can diagnose, they also state ALS/MND is progressive (the symptoms don't come and go like yours have) and if you had read in depth, like college courses require... you would have comprehended that there are many Motor Neuron Disorders besides ALS that may apply to your symptoms (but probably generated in your head). Why not read up on anxiety, stress and compulsive disorders also. You may find your answers.

I think you have confused some of us with someone who gives a rat's a..ss about some twerp sociopath who thinks this forum is funny.

Vman have you found anything out? My cpk has gone down to the low 300 but still not normal and my left leg is as stiff as a board. From the knee down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back