Diagnosis
01/2013
Country
US
State
OK
City
Tahlequah
Hi all, my sister posted last week about the passing of our daddy. I wanted to add a few things to what she had posted and also use this forum as an outlet to vent some of my feelings at this point in the hope of possibly helping someone else in a similar situation to at least feel like they are not alone. Our dad was diagnosed in January and died in August. It was fairly quick but seemed like a lifetime in many ways. I have mixed feelings about the swiftness in which the disease affected him. On one hand I am relieved that I know he is no longer in pain or suffering. On the other hand, I was NOT ready to no longer have my daddy in my life. I think we are all struggling with accepting that he is gone. It has been two weeks to the day since he died. I feel sadness that I never imagine existed. I feel terrible hate for this disease because of what I had to watch it do to my daddy and my mom and my sister. I was very angry with God. I had a difficult time understanding how a God that loves us could allow something like this happen to someone as kind as my dad. In the final weeks of my dad's life I came to a turning point in my relationship with God. I think I now have an understanding of things that I can accept and that allows me to make my peace with God. This is the one true positive that I have taken from this nightmare.

Something that I wanted to share in this forum is how terrible traversing the system while struggling with this disease is. It's a disgrace to our government and the other agencies that are created to HELP people experience terrible tragedies, that the system is so corrupt and cold and heartless. My family, while watching my dad literally move closer to death right in front of our eyes on a daily basis, was then also burdened with unreturned phone calls and messages and unfulfilled commitments, orders, and promises of help. Being given the runaround by social security and insurance companies and even the MDA. I am saddened by the fact that our world functions in this way. Now, I understand that not all interactions with these agencies are negative. I have read many posts where individuals have expressed how blessed they feel to have had the aid they found. I do not mean to disregard those positive accounts. My point is actually a positive one. This forum. This forum was the ONLY positive resource that my sister and I had to turn to during this terrible time. I am so thankful for the wonderful and caring people on this site. I also echo the words of my sister about the exceptional staff at the nursing home where my dad was living when he died. They were so caring and kind. It was the actions of those few people and those of you on this forum that have allowed me to still maintain some faith in humanity. So for that, I thank you all.

I am so sorry for your loss but glad we could help you. Thank you for taking care of your dad so well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back