Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
ny
State
new york
City
valley stream
I just wanted to thank everyone on this site for being so caring and helpful. It's truly amazing . I posted on here a couple of years ago I suffer from muscle twitches that started about 5 years ago. They are still around I do get cramping in my foot as well, my hands go numb sometimes with pins and needles, I still manage to stay active. I run played basketball in college and starting cross fit. What I am asking is my twitches started years ago that being said would i have seen some other symptom besides that which would bring me to Als. I do suffer weak spells sometimes but I believe it's all anxiety related. I'm just wondering if my muscle twitching is something more. Or is it just my anxiety and just worrying about it.

[QUOTE ... but I believe it's all anxiety related....[/QUOTE]

I agree with you - as it relates to twitching. Everything I read about ALS states the average prognosis is 2-5 years. I'm thinking you're in the clear on that front at this stage.

But, do see your GP about the numbness and pins & needles though. While those are not ALS symptoms, they should be investigated.

You are absolutely right other question I know bulbar onset is other form. I do have an extremely horse voice sometimes in the morning and throughout the day my voice is becoming horse, plus sometimes I do experience twitching and some cramping in my face if I make certain facial movements. I appreciate you taking the time out to answer

You ought to close bulbar thread and keep your questions together in one thread.

Bulbar? I very much doubt it. Are you able to drink water without choking? If you can, you're fine! Hoarse voice can be due to a lot of benign causes: allergies, over use, sleeping with mouth wide open etc etc

Please, move on from ALS for pete's sake! See your GP about facial numbness, and stop fretting.

My husband's bulbar onset began in the tongue. I believe that's the case with most bulbar onset PALS. It's not actually the throat. The tongue twitched constantly(still does), and he had difficulty moving it to form sounds. As the disease progressed it became difficult to handle food in his mouth and it is difficult to swallow. His lips also became involved which also impaired making sounds and words. He can't hold anything in his mouth or sip from a straw. He can no longer speak at all. But he can make plenty of noise from his voice box, especially when he clears his throat of all the phlegm! He's not hoarse! Sounds like you just experience a hoarse throat sometimes like the rest of us. I can't help but think you are imagining too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back