Status
Not open for further replies.
Helen where in Vermont is the swamp trip? With all the rain today it won't be hard to find a swamp. I,can't stand without someone supporting me. My legs give out after a few seconds. Doug holds me close and pivots me. My aids use the hoyer lift.

Thanks ladies... I'm ok, use the transfer board and pwc to get around these days. They really weren't my aides, but I had the OT and PT come at the same time to give it a try.

Who asked about a lobster roll... you steam a lobster, crack it open, chop it into large chunks, a bit of celery, mayonaise, in a roll... yummy! And Maine lobsters are the best around here, I think its because of the colder water (New Brunswick ones too!).

OK, Helen! you've convinced me! I'll have one, or maybe two.

I love lobster...I'll take a couple Helen!

Helen, sorry to hear about 'not standing on your own'.
I too, fell this week. Stood up from my chair & had my hands on my walker but lost my balance & "timber" down I went. Luckily the walker fell, so did the phone. I wasn't hurt, just mad at myself. Called my husband who had to come home from work to pick me up off the floor. Now he wants to get nursing care during the day & of course I say I don't need it.

Hi All~~~
Liz, be careful... No more falling!
I'm in for a lobster roll...yummy
Closet cleaning for me today... Time to get rid of things I'm never going to wear again and get them to the good will, cook food for the dogs and hem some pants, look for a van.... Take Rog out to the store after his shower. Bathroom handrails go in next week thanks to Melissa.
Breakfast this morning is French toast casserole with Jam and syrup, lots of bacon and berries!

Jen

Wow, Jen you are a busy lady.
What's French toast casserole?
I love sorting my clothes, do it once a year.
No more falling everyone!

Aly, I tried posting the link to the casserole and it went to mod land, probably never to be seen again... It was link 23 on the recipe thread...

Jen

Thanks, Jen! I knew I'd seen it somewhere!

Lizzyb, so sorry about the fall! It might be time for that PWC. Falling with the walker is no fun and don't kid yourself, it will happen again! (Been there done that). The PWC use gave my CALS confidence in my safety while at work. I still used the walker for short distances while she was in the house for awhile.

Will take a look at the recipes Jen......maybe it has forbidden ingredients ans was therefore m Oder ated? Lol

Who knows... It's there now! Lol
I get a night out! A friend (Giants fan) is coming to sit with Rog (Cardinals fan) and I get dinner out... Life is good!

Hope you all had a pleasant day!

Jen

Jen, the recipes thread seems closed and my iPad spat the link out......clearly it does not like the recipe. I shall just have to dream of how the heck you can casserole French bread. Lol the mind boggles for sure!

Hope you had a splendid evening out. What did you get up to?

French toast casserole

Ingredients
1 loaf French bread (13 to 16 ounces)
8 large eggs
2 cups half-and-half
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Dash salt
Praline Topping, recipe follows
Maple syrup
Directions
Slice French bread into 20 slices, 1-inch each. (Use any extra bread for garlic toast or bread crumbs). Arrange slices in a generously buttered 9 by 13-inch flat baking dish in 2 rows, overlapping the slices. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, half-and-half, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and beat with a rotary beater or whisk until blended but not too bubbly. Pour mixture over the bread slices, making sure all are covered evenly with the milk-egg mixture. Spoon some of the mixture in between the slices. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
The next day, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Spread Praline Topping evenly over the bread and bake for 40 minutes, until puffed and lightly golden. Serve with maple syrup.
Praline Topping:
1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and blend well. Makes enough for Baked French Toast Casserole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back