Status
Not open for further replies.
Or how about Chili over toast with a fried egg on top? Looks disgusting but is good. Another Mom recipe.

Homemade chili or from a can? If it is homemade I don't have the energy today. But I do like the idea of chili with toast with an egg on top. Hubby is very traditional so he may do a double take when I make it tomorrow.

Either way ... My Mom made Chili for the masses so she used the leftovers this way.

If I want the boys to stop in all I have to do is say "I'm making Chili "

do you make chili with the beans or no beans?

Red kidney beans.

My daughter in law made some with white beans and turkey (white Chili)

Always make mine with beans--red and white kidney beans and I like it spicy hot. Always add celery for crunch, a few carrots, lots of onions and green peppers and mushrooms too. Usually use hamburger, but maybe not for awhile as western Canada has a huge e coli scare from our biggest meat packer. Scary about how large the meat re-call has become. Turns out there is an e coli vaccine that cattle can be given, but it costs $6 per cow and times are tough in the cattle business so ranchers aren't vaccinating the cows. It might change now with this latest shut down of the plant.

try it with ground turkey... I use red kidney beans as well. leftovers on nachos... I've also made it vegetarian for my daughter, which is pretty good.

Ive made mine with venison. It was delious. Leaner then beef. Ive made it with hamburger and with stew meat. Spicy hot. Ive thrown in any leftover vegetable in the frig. The only things it HAD to have was beans..meat..and spice and they were happy.

Helen I will try the ground turkey. Our Thanksgiving holiday is this weekend so I will get my turkey fix.

Good way to get the turkey used up. Happy Thanksgiving! What day is it on?

Helen,

Our Thanksgiving is this weekend -Monday. Turkey's been ordered! Love leftovers.

Left overs and pie.:)

Sounds good! I love chili! I used to cook for my mom when I was home from school sick and it was generally chili... Figured my germs would be killed by the chili...

Jen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back