Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
Ky
City
Lexington
Hello everybody. I'm new to the forum. I've learned a lot by reading others' experiences and I appreciate the sharing. I need to plumb that collective wisdom now. What does it mean, if anything, that my mom now doesn't want to use her bi pap? This is after wanting it and needing it almost constantly. She's pretty far along in her ALS. She also has FTD. She actually seems pretty content without the bi pap. She is not sedated.

I don't know what the connection is in their logic... but it is not at all unusual for those with FTD to not want that bipap. Glen's sat here unused.

I'm so sorry for your terrible loss with Glen's death. Thank you for responding and reassuring me that I don't need to insist that she use it.

Sadly, the level of compliance for those with FTD is very low for many interventions that could improve their quality of life, or in fact extend their lives. Sometimes it's just up to the caregiver to decide which battles are worth fighting, and whether it's worth the stress of the argument for both PALS and CALS. Have you read the posts on the FTD threads? You'll find a lot of support and information there as the journey can be somewhat different than that of a PALS without FTD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back