Come for tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know I had never heard of lawn croquet until I visited my cousins in Illinois about ten years ago? I thought it was the strangest thing ever! haha. Now, I know it is quite fun. But out here in CA we do not have games like that to pass the time. Mostly board, wii, or video games if anything at all. Sad actually, I would love to feel safe enough to go out into my front yard and play some corquet...chances are though that someone would run by, pick up the mallet, and use it as a weapon on me or someone else! ...yeah I live in the ghetto. :)

Susan, yes she stayed at the Hampton Inn, I had reserved a handicapped room in case I was still going to go. Last night they were so tired, those 2 18-year-olds brought food back to their room and watched Disney movies all night! :)

I think Marta is traveling today to visit Michigan with some of her family? I'd have to look back a few pages, I know she mentioned traveling.

Di, way to go warrior boy of yours! Wish mine was still taking karate. He did manage to come back in one piece from skiing!

Kel, I remember playing crochet when I was a kid, we'd set up all the metal rings(?) not sure what they're called and bash each other's ball out of play. Never did learn the real rules.

I know we're still missing a few friends here, anyone hear from Diane (Ladyinn) lately? Kimberly? Linda?

Someone I'm concerned about is SadandConfused (Sandy) who hasn't been on for quite while, I think it was her Mom who has als, and her parents were coming to live with her? Not sure I have that right, but hope she knows I'm thinking of her.

I had kind of a rough afternoon. Son #1 (middle child) has been surly all week, guess he's bored, not taking his medicine, etc. Went to my Mom's for a shower with son #2... it sort of hit me that NOTHING is going as planned in my life, and I don't mean my FORMER life, I mean right now, anytime I try to make plans something ALWAYS goes wrong. I'm just so tired of trying to figure out how to manage things, like where I can LIVE with my kids if I ever sell this beautiful old house. I was hoping to rent a duplex one building away from my Mom's but the people next door don't like the plan because I have kids. And to top it off, when my Mom was helping with my scooter when I was leaving, they got in their car and drove right past without even saying a word to her. WTF? there's only 4 duplexes, REALLY? She's 84 years old, and they don't even ACKNOWLEDGE her? Something wrong with those jerks. I ended up calling my brother who lives next door (across a little pond so he couldn't see us out there) to come over and he helped her. I feel like TP'ing these people's house! Aghhhh!

(My 12-year-old son usually is there to help, but I had let him go home earlier... )

I'm tired of dealing with this crap, I wish I'd hit the lottery and I'd build a facility for all of us ALS patients to go to live, and bring their families (if the want to, some of us may not)!

Helen, I am so sorry everything is so difficult for you. I hope and Pray things will turn around for you soon hon, I really and truely do.

A place for us all is a great idea, I tought maybe some generous person could donate a cruise ship for us that way we could go places and see things and still have our own rooms and maybe a hospital room on board also...what ya think? ? ?...LOL...:)

Thanks Di, just feeling a little sorry for myself right now I guess. And to top it off, I have a nice heachache from crying on my Mom's shoulder.

I love the cruise ship idea, just don't let me get on it, or it will probably end up like that one off the coast of Italy... no lucky but bad I think.

Di your grandson has at least one dimple, and I love dimples as my first love in high school had dimples. He looks like a real keeper! I hope you perk up Helen, and sell your house for a fortune. And win the lottery. Maybe one of us will win a lottery and buy an ocean liner that we can outfit for PALS and CALS. Dorothy, you asked if you had pm'ed me and the answer is no. Love and hugs to everyone. Don't fall of the Matterhorn Aly!

Di, such a cute and talented grandson! 100-Gold, good thing the tally doesn't work like the forum tally or he'd be cut back to 59 1/2! lol. Helen, glad the kids have had a good time in NY and were senseable. Really sorry you are down. I was wanting to ask about the house sale but didn't want to bring it up if it wasn't good. Sorry you feel like things aren't going to Plan B even. It just sucks when it gets like that. It will come right I feel sure, just give it a bit. Hang on. The neighbours who aren't very neighbourly are just "jerks", no accounting for them, shameful. Marta was packing last time I read....can't recall departure date however. If I missed anyone's joy or pain I'm sorry. Will try to do better next time.

Today it has not stopped raining.yuck!...I feel all soggy!
Thanks all about Bobby, he is headed to Pheonix next then another after that if he wins gold anymore his head wont fit in airplane door...lol..really he is so not big headed about it, rather shy actually.
Helen, I did not know Murphy had a brother as I thought Murphy's Law was following me around lately..lol...Time to bury him in the back yard?
laurel, he is a cutie, yup he's a keeper!

3 more days till Publishers Clearing House brings my ballons & Big Check........LOL.....:)

Facility would be great...just pack my bags and go...don't need any extra rooms...definately will be by myself ...and will meet up with my tea friends...who I call my family. :)

Di, he really is a cutie.
Helen, my stomping grounds are right down the road from the Hampton. Years ago, when my mom was young, there was a riding stable there. They built the Hampton where the main stable stood.They have pictures of it in the lobby. Staten Island is so unique.I had the happiest memories of Staten Island and weekends at my Grandma's. The Hampton was a safe place for her and her friend to stay.
sally, are you near Aly?

Susan, we are at opposite ends of one of the two bigger islands. As the crow flies (or air plane) only about an hour. If you go by road it would be a 10+ hour drive. Roads are not to the standard of the US. So, yes and no.......

Posts don't count here, they wipe them faster than I can write them elsewhere, at this rate I'll be a "new" member again soon, heck, I'll not even have ALS if it keeps up.

Helen- sorry for the troubles hon. You go ahead and feel bad for yourself. It's ok. And is understandable. Glad to hear youve got a good Momma that will still let you cry on her shoulder. Sounds like a keeper to me.
Sending lots of love. Hugs and smooches. And a few of Di's brownies just for funsies.
Love u.

Thank you all for your support, I must be pms'ing or something, but don't know as that's finally all done with! Wish the emotional crap would go away as well. It just seems that no matter what I do, and how many people are helping me, that I can't get to the next phase of what I need to get done for my kids' sakes as well as my own.

Little bit of good news, is that hubby was offered a full time job at Home Depot...pay is crap but he likes it there, and more importantly, looks like its a job that won't be laying him off like every other job he's had for the last 10 years.

Just heard from Joni, she's sick with a nasty cold I think, going to the doc tomorrow. FEEL BETTER Joni!

Hubby just left to go meet Linnea's bus, I'm so glad she had this adventure with her friend... and that I didn't HAVE to go. Just didn't trust my van, too expensive on gas, and she probably had more fun without me anyway! :) "Probably", let's make that definitely!

Love you all so much, thanks for the comfort.

Kiwi, that was so funny...:)

Hi Liz, love the pic and hope you are doing better and are on an upswing now...:)...I could always send you some brownies too...:mrgreen:

Helen, you know it is ok to just be you here, good, bad or ugly, right? oh and pms'ing...We all Love ya and are here to help when things get bad, I hope you know that. You are always there for us.....:)

Hi Joni, I hope you get better soon!

Still rainning.......geeeezzz....good thing I have my ark....LOL

{{{{{HUGS to ALL}}}}}

Feeling so low today...just had a horrible thought.

I won't have a caregiver, when I get to that point. My parents can't even take care of themselves! Who is going to take care of me when I no longer can? Will I be forced into a home...will I be left here all day to fend for myself somehow because they can't come to terms with it?

I don't know what I am going to do? I am freakin' out! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back